[Q] How to flash latest firmware?

Search This thread

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
Hello once again. As usual, I've first tried to search my question in the forums, but I couldn't find the answer. So, here I go:

I have a Lumia 925, for which the latest software, according to nokia.com, is 3050.XXXX, whereas the version I have in my phone is 3047.XXXX. When I check for updates in the phone settings, I get a "your phone is up to date". If I use the Nokia Software Updater tool, it says the same.
On the other hand, I bought my phone debranded and unlocked, not "linked" to any provider. So, I'll never get an update via network provider.

Now my question is: where can I find and download the latest firmware for the phone, and how can I flash it?

Phoenix Service Software asks me for a dongle, that I have not. Nokia SU for Retail doesn't give me the latest ROM. Which is the appropriate software for flashing a Nokia Lumia, then?

Thanks in advance.

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
no new update because not officially released to OTA update...
be patient or read forum... is too many posts on forum about this... you must use NCS or Nokia Care Suite (not latest version), and download and flash firmware via Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 in NCS

NCS download

After Nokia Suite installs, copy and replace the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows. Or C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if on 32-bit.

1. Open Nokia Suite. And select ‘Product Support Tool For Store 5.0′
2. When prompted, select ‘CareSuite External’ then hit ‘Sign-in’ button.
3. From the Menu, select Tools, then ‘Firmware Download’
4. Now enter the product code of your device, hit ‘Check Online’ button, to check the latest firmware version of your product code.
5. Then ‘tick’ ‘Optional Content Files and ‘Download’ to save your firmware.
6. Wait a few minutes :) for your files to download
7. You may now manually flash your Nokia device with the firmware you just downloaded.
- Your firmware should be stored in the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products folder of your hard drive.

Reactions: zogoibi

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
Thank you. I already downloaded and installed NCS, and followed those steps, but I didn't get the prompt for signing in. Perhaps because I downloaded the latest version (2012.50)? To which version should I downgrade? There are a bunch of them.

In any case, the sad part of it is... NCS says that my device (Lumia 925) is not supported. When I plug in my other Nokia (RM-675), it's supported, which means that my NCS installation is working. Then, why the Lumia 925 shows as not supported? Am I doing something wrong, or it's simply and really not supported by the software?

Last edited:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Thank you. I already downloaded and installed NCS, and followed those steps, but I didn't get the prompt for signing in. Perhaps because I downloaded the latest version (2012.50)? To which version should I downgrade? There are a bunch of them.

In any case, the sad part of it is... NCS says that my device (Lumia 925) is not supported. When I plug in my other Nokia (RM-675), it's supported, which means that my NCS installation is working. Then, why the Lumia 925 shows as not supported? Am I doing something wrong, or it's simply and really not supported by the software?

yyou must use old version, dont use latest or upgrade old....

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
Ok, I finally got it working. Just downloaded the very latest version of NCS and replaced the edited file. Phone supported.

As to the versions, I finally managed to decypher the soup of codes and versions. I'll post separately, just in case someone wonders.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no new update because not officially released to OTA update...
    be patient or read forum... is too many posts on forum about this... you must use NCS or Nokia Care Suite (not latest version), and download and flash firmware via Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 in NCS

NCS download

After Nokia Suite installs, copy and replace the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows. Or C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if on 32-bit.

1. Open Nokia Suite. And select ‘Product Support Tool For Store 5.0′
    2. When prompted, select ‘CareSuite External’ then hit ‘Sign-in’ button.
    3. From the Menu, select Tools, then ‘Firmware Download’
    4. Now enter the product code of your device, hit ‘Check Online’ button, to check the latest firmware version of your product code.
    5. Then ‘tick’ ‘Optional Content Files and ‘Download’ to save your firmware.
    6. Wait a few minutes :) for your files to download
    7. You may now manually flash your Nokia device with the firmware you just downloaded.
    - Your firmware should be stored in the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products folder of your hard drive.