5,598,820 Members 33,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root gone wrong. help? (big mess)

Tip us?

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 939

DONATE TO ME
I use TWRP. Not much of a fan for CWM. Hold on, and I will send you a link which I personally know to be stable. Keep in mind, we will be recieving 4.2.2 eventually, so you MUST have your stock recovery when you accept the OTA update in the near future. Anyways, I will be right back

Sent from my K2_CL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

As for your stock recovery. Its in the link I provided with the JB backup

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

@xHansBanans

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/184

Sorry, was trying to upload the one I have but the network is being slow tonight so I got impatient and went straight to the resource.

The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xHansBanans
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ty. now i'm all rooted yay =D
The Following User Says Thank You to xHansBanans For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 939

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHansBanans View Post
ty. now i'm all rooted yay =D
Awesome, remember though, when you recieve the 4.2.2 OTA in the near future you will need to flash the stock recovery first before applying the OTA. Also, inside the OTA is a file known as the updater-script. That file basically tells the recovery what to do with the OTA. With that said, the script will conduct checks with your system apps. If any of your stock system apps are deleted, frozen, etc, then the checks will send back an error and abort the OTA thus preventing you from upgrading to 4.2.2. So, make sure you have a backup on you so if you do have any problems you can just restore your device with your backup and all will be well again .

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Also, if you plan to go S-Off then insure your phone is fully charged, with no security locks of any kind set on your device. The moonshine program needs access to your device and having a password, etc, set on your phone will prevent the program from doing what it needs to do. The moonshine.io website will give all the details. Good luck and welcome to the community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]