XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

P7320 Any Hope ?

Tip us?

bdbx18
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default P7320 Any Hope ?

We have a AT&T LTE 8.9 which I now deduce is a P7320 model. A year back when I got the 8.9, I rooted it, CWMed and installed a a AOKP ROM and it has been running great since. However, last week I swapped it for another device with my brother who decided I should put it back to the stock ROM so that he could ebay it.

Well with all the timeliness and hectic mode of the festive season, I failed to research thoroughly and flashed it a stock P7300/P7310 ROM. Which rendered it completely dead. It would not respond to anything, power/vol+, power/vol-, power/both vols, usb to pc, usb to wall with no charging icon e.g. Odin doesn't even see it. The only sign of life if that, is that it shows up as an error with QHUSUB_DLOAD in device manager.

Right now, I have the power button taped down to see if I can get anywhere draining the battery. You would think that Odin should at least see it? Is this the end of my tab?

omarainea
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbx18 View Post
We have a AT&T LTE 8.9 which I now deduce is a P7320 model. A year back when I got the 8.9, I rooted it, CWMed and installed a a AOKP ROM and it has been running great since. However, last week I swapped it for another device with my brother who decided I should put it back to the stock ROM so that he could ebay it.

Well with all the timeliness and hectic mode of the festive season, I failed to research thoroughly and flashed it a stock P7300/P7310 ROM. Which rendered it completely dead. It would not respond to anything, power/vol+, power/vol-, power/both vols, usb to pc, usb to wall with no charging icon e.g. Odin doesn't even see it. The only sign of life if that, is that it shows up as an error with QHUSUB_DLOAD in device manager.

Right now, I have the power button taped down to see if I can get anywhere draining the battery. You would think that Odin should at least see it? Is this the end of my tab?
First of all, is your tab booting to AOSP now ??
if not can you see the [Samsung Galaxy Tab Logo], and after what did that happened (is it after you flashed a P7300 Stock ROM??)??
have you ever flashed stock ROM through odin before??
can you at least enter the recovery (CWM)??? cuz that would make things easier

we should know these things before we can help

bdbx18
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
First of all, is your tab booting to AOSP now ??
if not can you see the [Samsung Galaxy Tab Logo], and after what did that happened (is it after you flashed a P7300 Stock ROM??)??
have you ever flashed stock ROM through odin before??
can you at least enter the recovery (CWM)??? cuz that would make things easier

we should know these things before we can help
The tab is non-responsive to *anything*. It won't boot, tethered or not, after the incorrect stock rom flash. I cannot get into recovery and odin does not see it. I have had a blank screen since.

Yes, I am somewhat familiar with odin/fastload/adb and various other tools for my android phones. Prior to this deadly flash, I had used odin to install cwm and a ROM on it. However, at this point, odin cannot see the tab either.

omarainea
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbx18 View Post
The tab is non-responsive to *anything*. It won't boot, tethered or not, after the incorrect stock rom flash. I cannot get into recovery and odin does not see it. I have had a blank screen since.

Yes, I am somewhat familiar with odin/fastload/adb and various other tools for my android phones. Prior to this deadly flash, I had used odin to install cwm and a ROM on it. However, at this point, odin cannot see the tab either.
I assume that the problem is caused from the bootloader incompatibility
so you're saying that you can't enter the download mode or CWM
and your computer can't recognize your tab through adb connection ether

if this is exactly the case, then I don't think anyone can help you
maybe you should try to take your tab to any close samsung branch

Good luck

aj_vogtman
Old
(Last edited by aj_vogtman; 4th January 2014 at 03:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
I assume that the problem is caused from the bootloader incompatibility
so you're saying that you can't enter the download mode or CWM
and your computer can't recognize your tab through adb connection ether

if this is exactly the case, then I don't think anyone can help you
maybe you should try to take your tab to any close samsung branch

Good luck
You can get JTAG for about $40 so not that bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgL5vWRwh5k#t=22
http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/
The Following User Says Thank You to aj_vogtman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]