Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,303 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP, Sprint HTC One- Unable to mount /data or sideload... I goofed again.

Tip us?

LordHole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP, Sprint HTC One- Unable to mount /data or sideload... I goofed again.

I messed up. I tried to run an RUU, but it failed. I re-unlocked my bootloader to try a different method. I reinstalled TWRP, but I cannot ADB Sideload. If I go into the Mount button, Data will not mount. Once I try ADB sideloading, I get a red Failed, and multiple "E:Unable to mount '/data'", multiple times. I don't have an OTG cable (should've gotten one since I messed up last time too...) and I am out of places to turn. Can anyone help me?

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
What RUU did you use?
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

LordHole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
What RUU did you use?
I used OMJ's 3.04.651.2, but it did something and said it failed. I thought I knew what I was doing. Now, I got the ROM to sideload, but not to the SD. It still gives me the unable to mount /data.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHole View Post
I used OMJ's 3.04.651.2, but it did something and said it failed. I thought I knew what I was doing. Now, I got the ROM to sideload, but not to the SD. It still gives me the unable to mount /data.
What type of error are you getting with the RUU? Have you tried a different USB Port USB 2 is recommended.
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordHole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
What type of error are you getting with the RUU? Have you tried a different USB Port USB 2 is recommended.
I'm going to try it again. I go to fastboot USB, and do a fastboot oem lock again, right?

BD619
Old
(Last edited by BD619; 4th January 2014 at 03:43 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm going to try it again. I go to fastboot USB, and do a fastboot oem lock again, right?
Correct fastboot oem lock
\_(ツ)_/

Forum Moderator

LordHole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Oh my god, thank you so so so much! The different USB port caused the program to actually run. Will reply back again after the RUU is done running.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh my god, thank you so so so much! The different USB port caused the program to actually run. Will reply back again after the RUU is done running.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Cool good luck
\_(ツ)_/

Forum Moderator

LordHole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Cool good luck
Dude, I owe you so much for this. Your advice helped me so much. I only wish I could donate to you, but money is kind of tight right now.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Dude, I owe you so much for this. Your advice helped me so much. I only wish I could donate to you, but money is kind of tight right now.
No worries enjoy
\_(ツ)_/

Forum Moderator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]