XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why wont my phone root

Tip us?

gilitin99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Why wont my phone root

Ive tried rooting using casuals one click and realized i had updated to 4.3. I ended up getting a brand new note 2 verizon and its on 4.1.2 When i try the one click method it fails, and my phone is stuck in downloading mode.I have develper options on and usb debugging enabled. Luckily i was able to volume+ volume- power to bring the phone back this time. Please help.

greekchampion04
Old
Thanks Meter 19
What does CASUAL say when it locks up? Have you tried different USB cables? Different USB ports?
OG (Screen Issues) --> DX (Headphone Jack Issues) --> D4 --> Note II --> Note 3

gilitin99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekchampion04 View Post
What does CASUAL say when it locks up? Have you tried different USB cables? Different USB ports?
Yes ive tried different usb cables and ports on my laptop. Still the same. I read somewhere that it might be my antivirus stopping. Im so nervous about trying it again. Will i always be able to bring it back with volume=power?

darbylonia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilitin99 View Post
Yes ive tried different usb cables and ports on my laptop. Still the same. I read somewhere that it might be my antivirus stopping. Im so nervous about trying it again. Will i always be able to bring it back with volume=power?
You need to disable your antivirus. I recently soft bricked my Note 2 and I got stuck until I read that and then everything started to work. Granted it took me like 20 times of Odining, root66, unlocking etc., but I eventually got there.