5,604,911 Members 33,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FaastJB v2.5 A13 Volume Buttons

Tip us?

ajp8868
Old
(Last edited by ajp8868; 2nd January 2014 at 07:47 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] FaastJB v2.5 A13 Volume Buttons

So, As the title suggests, I've got a problem with my volume buttons in the FaaastJB v2.5 ROM.

The problem is they simply don't work. I've used a key testing app and when pressed, they both give "Unknown Key". However they work on my recovery and on the stock rom so its not the hardware itself. I've managed to get everything else working using the drivers on the site but I don't know if there is a driver related to the volume buttons or whether there is a file somewhere that I need to change? I have a backup of the system of the stock rom so can copy any drivers/files from there but so far nothing I've tried has worked.

So I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix this?

I would have posted this in the ROM thread but I haven't posted enough on XDA yet

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Doesn't Matter, It's been fixed. Turns out it was sun4i-keyboard.kl. The volume up and volume down were some random numbers instead of 115 and 114.

Thanks!
Adam
The Following User Says Thank You to ajp8868 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

david.ss
Old
(Last edited by david.ss; 4th January 2014 at 05:21 AM.) Reason: Mistake
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp8868 View Post
So, As the title suggests, I've got a problem with my volume buttons in the FaaastJB v2.5 ROM.

The problem is they simply don't work. I've used a key testing app and when pressed, they both give "Unknown Key". However they work on my recovery and on the stock rom so its not the hardware itself. I've managed to get everything else working using the drivers on the site but I don't know if there is a driver related to the volume buttons or whether there is a file somewhere that I need to change? I have a backup of the system of the stock rom so can copy any drivers/files from there but so far nothing I've tried has worked.

So I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix this?

I would have posted this in the ROM thread but I haven't posted enough on XDA yet

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Doesn't Matter, It's been fixed. Turns out it was sun4i-keyboard.kl. The volume up and volume down were some random numbers instead of 115 and 114.

Thanks!
Adam
Hi, can you explain how you fixed that? I got the same problem, I replaced sun4i-keyboard.kl that worked for me in ics, and chmod 755, but still don't working. Any idea?

Edit: My mistake, I readed sun4i-keypad.ko, To fix this Išve just edited /system/usr/keylayout/sun4i-keyboard.kl and get volume buttons working again. I used my keys volume_up 139 volume_down 102
The Following User Says Thank You to david.ss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]