Tip us?

asparky
Old
(Last edited by asparky; 3rd January 2014 at 06:49 AM.) Reason: clarity
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HELP.. doing casual on my S3 VRBMF1

Sorry but doing the casual on my Verizon S3 4.1.2 @F1

I did step 1 and 2 and checked supersu as it said to update binary.. Not sure how to update. I've seen the same question many times without an answer. I haven't went any further and I'm still hooked up.. so I guess I am rooted now and unlocked, as I have supersu and titanium backup (root) but I haven't installed one of the 2 recoveries.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I just want to stay at 4.1.2 so I can keep my phone as a hotspot and keep apps on sd car, but I am afraid I might get forced into taking 4.3. It happened on an earlier update when My phone rebooted even though I had checked no updates.

For what I want, I don't know which recovery I should take or which custom ROM. I need good signal strength, stability, to be able to leave my options open, and Tethering ... I have a cabin where I have to use a cell phone amp. to just get a marginal signal. and no Wi-Fi there so want to be able to tether to my wi-fi only tablet.

suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

asparky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
Sorry but doing the casual on my Verizon S3 4.1.2 @F1

I did step 1 and 2 and checked supersu as it said to update binary.. Not sure how to update. I've seen the same question many times without an answer. I haven't went any further and I'm still hooked up.. so I guess I am rooted now and unlocked, as I have supersu and titanium backup (root) but I haven't installed one of the 2 recoveries.

I'm not sure how to proceed. I just want to stay at 4.1.2 so I can keep my phone as a hotspot and keep apps on sd car, but I am afraid I might get forced into taking 4.3. It happened on an earlier update when My phone rebooted even though I had checked no updates.

For what I want, I don't know which recovery I should take or which custom ROM. I need good signal strength, stability, to be able to leave my options open, and Tethering ... I have a cabin where I have to use a cell phone amp. to just get a marginal signal. and no Wi-Fi there so want to be able to tether to my wi-fi only tablet.

suggestions appreciated!

Thanks
PLEASE

shopman59
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
PLEASE
I just did this to I installed EZ-unlock to unlock the bootloader and then GooManager to put TWRP on for the newest ver. stayed stock for a week now I on Hyperdrive RLS16 .

Google EZ-unlock to find the apk GooManager is in the play store hope that help
The Following User Says Thank You to shopman59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]