XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

unlocking bootloader possibility

Tip us?

somniferumrex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default unlocking bootloader possibility

is there anyway to read or dissect the verizon repair assistant to see how it gets to the bootloader? probably a dumb question but hey its worth a shot maybe it could work i have no idea lol

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2121

DONATE TO ME
Not a dumb question at all, I was actually looking at it last night (just preliminary analsis) trying to see what I could find. I was trying to see how/where Samsung gives Verizon and others vendors its signature to see if there was something we could do kind of similar to how "Master Key" exploit works, except on kernel level instead of the system level since we already have root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamesd1085
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
Not a dumb question at all, I was actually looking at it last night (just preliminary analsis) trying to see what I could find. I was trying to see how/where Samsung gives Verizon and others vendors its signature to see if there was something we could do kind of similar to how "Master Key" exploit works, except on kernel level instead of the system level since we already have root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Wonder if odin teardown may also shed some light on how this works as well

somniferumrex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i was asking because that program has let me unbrick my phone even when I removed the stock recovery program