5,605,120 Members 37,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bought a Bricked HTC One without previous history need help!!!

Tip us?

htcstone36
Old
(Last edited by htcstone36; 3rd January 2014 at 06:12 PM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Finally, I am happy to announce the result of the solutions provide by Alray and MotoXoom.

First and foremost, my phone has been saved! This is thanks to Alray's Guru reset method proposed in post 2 and MotoXoom for the idea of using a OTG cable mentioned in post 3.

For those who may be facing a similar issue, this is what I did;

The Guru Reset method is very easy if the instruction on the video is follows keenly. Since my pc could not find my phone, I when on to buy an OTG flash drive from Conrad Berlin, also available on ebay.

Initially the flash was not recognised, I then formatted with fat32 and plung-in again to the phone. Voila! it worked. First of all hit on mount and click on usb otg , then click back and hit on install. The rest of the instruction can then be seen on the video on post 2 from Alray.
It is also worth mentioning that at the end of the installation Team win recovery should be reinstall as was deleted be the Guru reset software.

However, I still need further help on how to remove the “ Tampered” on the bootloader screen as well as how to get S-Off. I do not know how to go about this, since I do not have the Token-ID. Is the Token ID not necessary for this? I will appreciate further help. Once again thank you Alray.

N.B.: I still find it difficult to quote a post directly, how is this done?
Since over an hour I am not allow to post anymore and decided to edit the previous message in order to post a message.
I also do not understand this message " To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!"

vegetaleb
Old
Thanks Meter 786
Worst case scenario: flash a RUU (of course one from the phone's region)
RUU will reinstall the whole phone's original rom but you will lose root (you will reroot it later)

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 676

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcstone36 View Post
Hi alray, I am using win 8.0.
I'm actually trying to use the solution you provided, but then, I am still face with some difficulties. I can't push the zip file into my phone directly without a OTG cable. Only possible with ADB Sideload, which is taking a little longer (over an hour and still on 35%)? Am I doing something wrong?

Moreover, I will like to know how to get the "Tampered“off the screen and change the “S-ON” to S-Off. But before then, first thing first; that is to boot the phone.

Accept my gratitude for the initial solution u provided. Thank you!
Push / sideload on usb 2 should take less than 10 min
your stuck restart both the phone and pc and try again
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

O-rangePeels
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcstone36 View Post
As the topic says, the phone was bought on ebay-Germany and when received, I found out that the phone was tampered with previously. Seller does not respond to my mail or willing to pay back. The phone is only 1month old with receipt.

So, decided to seek help here. I will appreciate any help to get this fone work. This is what I can say about the phone;

- When I press on the power, it boots directly into Team Win Recovery project V2.6.3.3. I tried to reboot it takes me into further steps that finally switch off the phone. All attempts to actually boot the phone yield no result.

- Again in Recovery, I tried to restore backup (if ever the was any) and it show successfully restore. But on reboot it then shows “no OS installed!”

- I tried connecting on my pc and the phone driver installation failed several time on all usb port on my laptop (I have only one pc, with win8 – my laptop). I decided to uninstalled the htc software and driver I used for my HTC 1X, then reinstalled again. Still the phone could not be recognized.

- On pressing power and vol., the following can be seen including IMEI (from show barcode);

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.401.1
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Oct 17 2013, 23:06:14.0

This is all the informations I can provide as of now, since connection with pc has not been successful. I wonder how to get the Token ID if successful connection with pc occurs.

Please help me any way you can. Thank you and Happy new year
ADB will be your friend. follow everyone elses instructions and you will be fine