5,597,762 Members 36,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I access the Samsung hidden menu while on AOSP???

Tip us?

ups2525
Old
(Last edited by ups2525; 3rd January 2014 at 02:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation How do I access the Samsung hidden menu while on AOSP???

I'm aware that disabling WiFi power saving mode via Samsung hidden menu will fix the disconnecting on a TW ROM. I did exactly that on my nandroided Hyperdrive v12 and it worked perfectly. What I'm asking is...

How do I access the Samsung hidden menu while on AOSP. This IME is a question that goes unanswered. I'm hoping one of our experienced BAD ASS members will chime in and help out. I have had several members confirm they have the same problem.

PLEASE HELP...??? I've spent a ton of time on this issue...
Be courteous click thanks when someone or some info they have shared helps you out.
IMO the forum is a journal or log of the struggles and triumpths experienced in this hobby I love so much.
I appreciate my membership and will do all I can to be a positive contributor.

Samsung king of smartphones & Cane Corso canine royalty

Triscuit
Old
Thanks Meter 418
To my knowledge there is no hidden menu on aosp, just TW. As for power saving, if you go to the WiFi screen and hit menu then advanced, there are options there to play with power saving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Triscuit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ups2525
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
To my knowledge there is no hidden menu on aosp, just TW. As for power saving, if you go to the WiFi screen and hit menu then advanced, there are options there to play with power saving.

I have respectfully posted this question as often as possible and your the 1st member to directly respond to my specific question. Kick ass, not the answer I was hoping for but thanks man!

I turn off the power saving option in the WIFi advanced settings routinely. Well if theres no hidden menu in AOSP then how can I find out where the AOSP equivalent is to the power saving mode in TW that's accessed through the hidden menu. Does that make sense? In other words I experience the same WiFi loosing connection problems while on TW until I via hidden menu disable WiFi power saving mode and the connection is rock solid from there on out. I want to know how to get the same results on AOSP. Of course by doing it the AOSP way...???
Be courteous click thanks when someone or some info they have shared helps you out.
IMO the forum is a journal or log of the struggles and triumpths experienced in this hobby I love so much.

Triscuit
Old
Thanks Meter 418
I've been on AOSP for a long time and I think the advanced menu is your only option unless there is an app out there I am unaware of. These are my settings for WiFi.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388764306295.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2491569  
The Following User Says Thank You to Triscuit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ups2525
Old
(Last edited by ups2525; 4th January 2014 at 02:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb update: changed router channel-no more signal drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
I've been on AOSP for a long time and I think the advanced menu is your only option unless there is an app out there I am unaware of. These are my settings for WiFi.
I DL'd WIFI Analyzer read the online help and figured out that my ATT router had been setup by the ATT tech on the same channel as 3 other local ATT routers. 4 different routers on channel 11...so stupid. Knuckleheads making $20 an hour to **** **** up (end rant, LOL). I changed channel to channel 2 and I'm connected solo now. I immediately saw my WIFI status bar symbol illuminate all the bars, never seen that before. This was last night and I haven't had a dropped signal since. I'm on Slimkat and have had 2 other members on Slimkat express they are experiencing the same drops. I also have read that some other members are experiencing the same drops on all AOSP ROM's.

I still have something intriguing me...while on TW, and knowing what your doing, you can access the Samsung stock feature called WIFI power saving "MODE". Turning this OFF IME stops any further WIFI connectivity issues. Does AOSP have the same Samsung stock feature JTC I'm 'not' talking about the advanced options accessed via systemsettings>Wi-Fi>menu>advanced??

Maybe someone can refer me to an accessible member that is a "go to guy" for AOSP questions? I assure you I always use discretion, consideration and mad respect when I communicate with a senior member.

Any measure of help is always appreciated

Triscuit
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Good I'm glad you got part of the issue sorted out. I'm almost certain aosp doesn't have the hidden menu but I might be wrong, anyone else want to chime in confirming or denying?