5,598,779 Members 34,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Optimus 2X AVATAR ROM HELP!!!

Tip us?

cristiano.orlando
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello

I was having this same problem here and I figured it out (search for the download stuff with google, or here at XDA)

I was using ICS 4.0.4 and I
1 - Installed (flash) LGP990_ICS_v28G_Root_CWM6_initd_NVFlash_2ndGen (its to recover everything from 0 with nvflash)
2 - Used AIO-P990-ToolKit_v6.0 - Option 4 Repartition your device with preferred layout and bootloader
3 - Used option 2 - OLD Partition layout with OldBL
4 - Option 1 Stock 512mb system... (its the mostly common)
5 - Option 2 - 2 - oldbl-cwm-6.0.1.5.img
6 - Inside cwm, I wiped data, cache, dalvik and formated /system/ (formating is not needed, but did to be sure)
7 - Installed avatar-nightly_3.1.13-3a82645527-20131129-NIGHTLY-p990.zip (its the last, i guess)
8 - Installed gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip (right for the ROM)

Everything went fine

Goodluck

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonepsy View Post
-And find the avatar rom and when i try to install rom i got message : assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p990" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "p990"
that happens, because you are suing CWM 5.0.2.8 for now bootloader, and that CWM is really bad.
On new bootloader use twrp 2.5.0.0 or 2.6.0.0 or CWM 6.0.2.5.
On old bootloader use anything but cwm 6.0.1.5. That version of CWM has many broken things, like masstorage, adb, touch keys dont work etc

spikethorn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the newest avatar rom on my x2 and it crashes about 10 times a day battery only lasts about 4 hours mobile wifi don't work for me it isn't stable.

decora
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikethorn View Post
I have the newest avatar rom on my x2 and it crashes about 10 times a day battery only lasts about 4 hours mobile wifi don't work for me it isn't stable.
i'm on tonyp theROM build 26 from CM 10.1 for the past few days after doing a lot of reading on which ROM to use. Did a full wipe and reinstall all apps manually via playstore. Flashed with twrp. So far no crashes or freeze and fixed my keyboard problem in CM 10.1. Not much theme option but at least its stable and fast. hope this helps.