XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help on proxies

Tip us?

Amnesia404
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Need help on proxies

Hello guys as u mightve figured im a total noob on proxies and i need to access youtube real bad but not as in only from the browser because inthat case i wouldve just used some random proxy browser app but i need to anness the website through the youtube app.or tubemate because that way i can download videos now it brings me to my first question regarding hotspot shield that even though it reconnects very quickly afer it has been disconnected (which happens every two mins) but i need to close my browser and open it again in order for it to start working again and it is in no way working with the youtube app or tubemate so thats my first question of why it disconnects so much .... Secindly i would want to know what are iptables because those are needed to set up transparent proxy on apps like orbot (which i had been using with hyperion rom which had ip tables but now i cant since im on stock rom now) where can i install these iptables to make orbot work again.....
I just need anyway to make tubemate or the youtube app to start working weather its changing my ip address and port in the wifi settings or maybe installing an app or changing some settings but i only want to remain on my stock rom because my phone bricks alot...... Anyways i would be REALLY thankful to anyone that helps and help the new guy at xda ..... Im waiting for your help..

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1701
use a custom kernel like hells fusion #50 and orbot should work

you can use proxydroid app and then seach google for a free proxy server address however you may have to try a few to find one that works and they are not always very fast

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Amnesia404
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
And where can i find this hells fusion kernel and i how do i install it please ?im a noob here

luqman98
Old
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia404 View Post
And where can i find this hells fusion kernel and i how do i install it please ?im a noob here
Download here: http://d-h.st/Jig

1. Download the kernel and CWM for galaxy y (if you're using stock kernel, google it).
2. Put it onto your phone's SD Card.
3. Turn off the phone.
4. Reboot to recovery by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power button at the same time.
5. If you're on stock kernel, apply update from SD card, then select the CWM zip. (Make sure that the CWM is moved into root of SD Card (not in any folder).
6. In CWM, mount everything (Mounts and storage>mount all).
7. Go back and select install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card and locate where you've downloaded the kernel zip and select them (you will be in AROMA installer, which is like Windows app setup)
8. After that select reboot system now.

Sent from HKV (allwinner a13) 7" tab using Tapatalk 4

My blog
Broadcom released source code for BCM21553 devices!

Translate SD Maid to Malay!

Devices under me:
Sammy GT-S5300 (Mine): Stock XXLJ4+BlackReactor kernel
Sammy GT-S5310: Stock DXAMH2 4.1.2 rooted
Xperia E1 Dual D2105 (Mine): Stock unrooted
Find me in games:
Shadowgun: Deadzone: Add using "ubuntvswinlmn"
S4League: LoCkErMaNpRoMY
Mission Against Terror: Shyer
The Following User Says Thank You to luqman98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]