XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boot Verified Failed

Tip us?

The_Hooligan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Boot Verified Failed

I have an Iconia A501 which stopped responding and would not boot. Was giving a broken Android logo. I downloaded a ROM called "a500_HC_3.1_FULL_update.zip" and renamed it to "update.zip" and put it on the SD Card. It seemed to install the ROM but now stops at the ACER logo with Boot Verified Failed in the upper left corner in red.

I realize that there are lots of threads already here explaining how to fix this, but they all talk about things I don't understand or can't apply. There are no backups are anything to recover SBK (whatever that is). It has never had a custom ROM installed.

Can someone please tell me where to start?

Thanks

mulderc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm having the same issue

The_Hooligan
Old
(Last edited by The_Hooligan; 4th January 2014 at 05:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. I used another update.zip for a A500 and got it booted. I have the SBK etc. I have tried many other ROMS. I either get the broken android or it starts booting then says android on the screen with it highlighting and sits there forever.

I just want it back to how it came from the factory. Anybody?

The_Hooligan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well. No idea exactly what I fixed it, but it now works.

The ROM I used was Acer-A501-Build-021.

First I loaded a ROM (which I can't post a link to as I don't have 10 posts) by renaming it update.zip and putting on the SD Card and doing the vol- power thing

Then I used Skrilax_CZ's bootloader V8 to get the ROM I wanted on there. I left it with Android on the screen for a LOOOOOONG time and it eventually booted. I had previously left it for a couple of hours and gave up.

Anyway it works. Hope this helps some else. This was a serious pain in the arse! Well done Acer.