Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

droid 4 battery won't charge

Tip us?

joeynshelby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default droid 4 battery won't charge

I took the battery out of my droid 4 to replace my broken digitizer. I put the battery back in and now it won't charge. It goes from 5% to 100% and shuts off. Phone is dead. I bought one of the factory adapters from teamblackhat. When I attach it to the computer it boots up fine. Any suggestions to get it charging again?

StevePritchard
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynshelby View Post
I took the battery out of my droid 4 to replace my broken digitizer. I put the battery back in and now it won't charge. It goes from 5% to 100% and shuts off. Phone is dead. I bought one of the factory adapters from teamblackhat. When I attach it to the computer it boots up fine. Any suggestions to get it charging again?
I've seen this behaviour with batteries before. Not sure if it's due to damage or not, but I've found that a) they sometimes work fine in different phones, and b) are replacement battery seems to fix the problem.

Cheers,

Steve.
Motorola Droid 4
Retired:
Motorola XT860
Motorola Milestone 2
HTC Touch Pro - Exquisite 4.22 Radio 1.14.25.35
O2 XDA Exec

joeynshelby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePritchard View Post
I've seen this behaviour with batteries before. Not sure if it's due to damage or not, but I've found that a) they sometimes work fine in different phones, and b) are replacement battery seems to fix the problem.

Cheers,

Steve.
I tried replacing the battery with a new one with the same result. Since the battery is too dead to get into fastboot with the key combinations, I wonder if I could use adb and reboot in fastboot and flash factory firmware to get it charging again. The battery was almost dead when I removed it from the phone initially. Could it be possible some type of error was set in the software and reflashing it might solve the problem?