Tip us?

TheRicolaa10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Chromecast has troubles with wifi extender

Hello,

I have since yesterday an Chromecast.
I'm so far happy with it and the possibilities.
I have installed my Chromecast on my TV in my bedroom (a dormer window). My WiFi connectivy is very bad so I have a wifi extender so I can normally watch YouTube videos. But the problem is when the WiFi extender is on that I can't stream things to my Chromecast. When the WiFi extender is off the Chromecast works perfect.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRicolaa10 View Post
I have since yesterday an Chromecast.
I'm so far happy with it and the possibilities.
I have installed my Chromecast on my TV in my bedroom (a dormer window). My WiFi connectivy is very bad so I have a wifi extender so I can normally watch YouTube videos. But the problem is when the WiFi extender is on that I can't stream things to my Chromecast. When the WiFi extender is off the Chromecast works perfect.
I think it should work? Unless the extender is somehow filtering out some traffic.

If you can set up the WiFi extender as a bridge with its own SSID (essentially just another WiFi access point), then connect Chromecast to its SSID, that might work better.
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

Cuzz1369
Old
Thanks Meter 1278

DONATE TO ME
Another thing g to keep in mind is the chrome cast only works on 2.4 not a 5 GHz signal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
nexus 5 - 32gb
nexus 7(2013) - 16gb
Samsung chromebook (running ubuntu 12.04)