5,597,815 Members 37,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A set of protective Case and bigger Battery in one

Tip us?

jtsv
Old
Thanks Meter 332
OK let me get this right, you cut out the 2nd layer which is the hard plastic back of the case, then the 3rd layer which is the rubber case just stretches over. The only place that is not protected by the plastic shell is the battery? So if it hits flat on floor it will just land on the battery.
Interesting Thanks for sharing.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsv View Post
OK let me get this right, you cut out the 2nd layer which is the hard plastic back of the case, then the 3rd layer which is the rubber case just stretches over. The only place that is not protected by the plastic shell is the battery? So if it hits flat on floor it will just land on the battery.
Interesting Thanks for sharing.
Yeah I just dremeled the back piece of the plastic and stretched the rubber over the battery which is only barely higher than the plastic. I did the same thing with my ZeroLemon battery on my Note 2 because they didn't have rugged cases yet, I've dropped both plenty lol and never had a problem with only having silicone covering the back of the battery.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by einrae214 View Post
Do you think the hyperion 5200 battery would fit the zero lemon rugged case or would it fall out our be loose.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It would fit in there fine, the silicone would hold it in place no problem, but there would just be a little open space between the battery & the camera, which might be a little annoying.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]