5,596,700 Members 46,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][GUIDE] How To Unlock The Status-Bar Notification Panel Hidden Toggles!

Tip us?

jovy23
Old
(Last edited by jovy23; 19th December 2013 at 08:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9798

DONATE TO ME
Post [MOD][GUIDE] How To Unlock The Status-Bar Notification Panel Hidden Toggles!

★How To Unlock The Status-Bar Notification Panel Hidden Toggles★

WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO: This mod will let you unlock the status bar notification panel hidden toggles by default without the need to use any of those SQLite editor apps to add them back in.

★ Go into the system/csc folder on any rom using any root explorer or on a pc and open up "feature.xml"
★ If you don't have "feature.xml", then open up "others.xml" instead.

NOW LOOK FOR:

Code:
<!-- Settings -->

ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM OF <!-- Settings --> ADD THESE TWO NEW LINES BELOW!

Code:
<CscFeature_Setting_DefNotificationPanelOrder>Wifi;MobileData;Location;SilentMode;AutoRotate;Bluetooth;Ebook;DormantMode;WiFiHotspot;Brightness;PowerSaving;AllShareCast;MultiWindow;SBeam;Nfc;AirView;AirGesture;SmartNetwork;ToddlerMode;DrivingMode;SmartStay;SmartScroll;SmartPause;Sync;AirplaneMode</CscFeature_Setting_DefNotificationPanelOrder>
<CscFeature_Setting_DefQuickPanelOrder>Wifi;MobileData;Location;SilentMode;AutoRotate;Bluetooth;Ebook;DormantMode;WiFiHotspot;Brightness;PowerSaving;AllShareCast;MultiWindow;SBeam;Nfc;AirView;AirGesture;SmartNetwork;ToddlerMode;DrivingMode;SmartStay;SmartScroll;SmartPause;Sync;AirplaneMode</CscFeature_Setting_DefQuickPanelOrder>
IF YOUR DOING THIS ON "others.xml" ADD THOSE TWO SAME LINES RIGHT ABOVE </FeatureSet> THAT'S TOWARDS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE XML FILE.

By doing this you should now have 25 toggles in your status bar notification panel. There are two more hidden toggles which are "PersonalMode" and also "DoNotDisturb". These two toggles seem to not do anything since PersonalMode is probably used for KNOX and DoNotDisturb once you press on the toggle to disable it, you cant enable/disable it again. If you want those other two toggles for any reason just to have 27 toggles instead of 25, then here are the two lines with them in it.

Code:
<CscFeature_Setting_DefNotificationPanelOrder>Wifi;MobileData;Location;SilentMode;AutoRotate;Bluetooth;Ebook;DormantMode;WiFiHotspot;Brightness;PowerSaving;AllShareCast;MultiWindow;SBeam;Nfc;AirView;AirGesture;SmartNetwork;ToddlerMode;PersonalMode;DrivingMode;SmartStay;SmartScroll;SmartPause;Sync;AirplaneMode;DoNotDisturb</CscFeature_Setting_DefNotificationPanelOrder>
<CscFeature_Setting_DefQuickPanelOrder>Wifi;MobileData;Location;SilentMode;AutoRotate;Bluetooth;Ebook;DormantMode;WiFiHotspot;Brightness;PowerSaving;AllShareCast;MultiWindow;SBeam;Nfc;AirView;AirGesture;SmartNetwork;ToddlerMode;PersonalMode;DrivingMode;SmartStay;SmartScroll;SmartPause;Sync;AirplaneMode;DoNotDisturb</CscFeature_Setting_DefQuickPanelOrder>
If you want, you can also change the order of the toggles in those two lines by re-arranging them around, just make sure that they are in the same order for both the <CscFeature_Setting_DefNotificationPanelOrder> and <CscFeature_Setting_DefQuickPanelOrder> lines.

Note: I kept the toggles the same order for both lines for best results in my opinion, I haven't re-arranged them both differently so who knows it will probably work that way also, just let me know.
Current Device : Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T, T-Mobile | Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, T-Mobile

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jovy23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darktrooper
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Dont work with N9005 and DMJ7 DBT Firmware

jovy23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktrooper View Post
Dont work with N9005 and DMJ7 DBT Firmware
It works its just that its a mod that has to do with the sqlite database meaning that when you add it, the mod will not show unless a developer adds it into their rom, perform a full wipe which resets the settings.db, and then it will then show. I will be working on a flashable.zip so the settings.db can reset itself.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Current Device : Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T, T-Mobile | Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, T-Mobile

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jovy23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chiraagt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any update on the Flashable zip for this MOD?
SM-N9005 Black, (32 GB), 64 GB Micro SD card.
Rooted Phone, Xposed Framework,
Stock Firmware: N9005XXUENA6, Kitkat 4.4.2

GTI9300, Blue, (16 GB), 64 GB Micro SD card.
Rooted Phone, Xposed Framework,
Stock Firmware: I9300XWUGML4, Jelly Bean 4.3. &
ROM -Temasek's Unofficial CM 11, Kitkat 4.4

tkari4
Old
Thanks Meter 2736

I can't decompile the SecSettingsProvider.apk yet, but your mod is working!

some info about the new toggles..

Toddler mode:

Smart Network:

Brightness:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-25-19-19-25.jpg
Views:	2325
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	2474342  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tkari4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdadroidabc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have got toggles but smart network (network doesn't turn off with screen) not working, toddler mod is working. can someone confirm it? please give me systemUI if smart network working with your ROM.
Thanks n advance.

and2
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Is there a way to reset the settings.db except a full wife? I could not find a way in the web.
Configurations:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
Sweet ROM V14 216dpi, Knox 0x1, with X(periacle)-stuff, tkari4īs Multi Dpi Apps and Note pro 12.2 Apps (by my owen) + Blinkfeed

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (now for my wife)
X-ROM with TABLET, PHABLET & PHONE with ALL NEW Floating Windows

Jamonguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I'm on stock but rooted would I still be able to do this? I've tried with root explorer and es file explorer, with no luck thanks again for the mod tho.👍

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stoneyfordni
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you add a usb tether option to the shortcut menu?

Thanks