5,606,201 Members 33,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 3D-Printed Dock

Tip us?
 
Stephen.Clement
Old
#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnug View Post
Cool, I'd be really interested to see your take on a N10 dock! +1 on Google failing to release one - I'd have bought it.
Doubly as annoying since the whole Christmas video last year where they showed it lol.
 
arrtoodeetoo
Old
#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 811
Join Date: Dec 2010
Dude. Can you print me an Otterbox?
________________________________________
Moto X DE- Nexus 7 - Nexus 10.
 
mikecole79
Old
#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default Freakin sweet!!

I'm in a similar situation at work. The boss actually encourages us to use the 3D printer for new projects to figure out different things we can do with it. I'll be printing up one of these as soon as I get a moment to go play with the thing.

Thanks!
 
cnlson
Old
#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jun 2010
ordered my 3d printer a few days ago, will be here in 30 days or so and this will be my second print...
 
workerantDroid
Old
#35  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnlson View Post
ordered my 3d printer a few days ago, will be here in 30 days or so and this will be my second print...
care to tell me which one you order and why? maybe a bit of review on it too? I don't know what to look for in a 3D printer, I should really do a bit more homework on it and see it fit my needs.
 
jonnug
Old
#36  
jonnug's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 43
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrtoodeetoo View Post
Dude. Can you print me an Otterbox?
I'm a bit restricted on what size items I can print - how big's your otter!?
Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 12.8 Victoria Sponge
 
cnlson
Old
#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 191
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by workerantDroid View Post
care to tell me which one you order and why? maybe a bit of review on it too? I don't know what to look for in a 3D printer, I should really do a bit more homework on it and see it fit my needs.
I need to receive it to supply a review. 3d printers are not like any other printer from the stand point that you can build your own if you want. For myself I wanted a printer than printed good resolution .100mm (100 micron) or better, was portable (some are large and require extensive setup) and a decent price. I took a chance on a portabee Go. at the time i purchased it was on sale for $395 ($200 less than now)

however it is a new model and it has no reviews. people had mixed experience with their reprap printer in the past so i am guarded and until i can confirm it works well I don't want to endorse it in any fashion.

3d printers overall are a mixed bag and unless you have a significant investment to make it is tough to make really positive endorsements. also realize that almost anything you can print you can purchase cheaper. For instance this dock, if you check there is at least one that runs $69 including the pogo cable here in this forum. paying 75-150 to print at a service seems counter intuitive at that point, even if it is slightly better.
The Following User Says Thank You to cnlson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Stephen.Clement
Old
#38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnlson View Post
I need to receive it to supply a review. 3d printers are not like any other printer from the stand point that you can build your own if you want. For myself I wanted a printer than printed good resolution .100mm (100 micron) or better, was portable (some are large and require extensive setup) and a decent price. I took a chance on a portabee Go. at the time i purchased it was on sale for $395 ($200 less than now)

however it is a new model and it has no reviews. people had mixed experience with their reprap printer in the past so i am guarded and until i can confirm it works well I don't want to endorse it in any fashion.

3d printers overall are a mixed bag and unless you have a significant investment to make it is tough to make really positive endorsements. also realize that almost anything you can print you can purchase cheaper. For instance this dock, if you check there is at least one that runs $69 including the pogo cable here in this forum. paying 75-150 to print at a service seems counter intuitive at that point, even if it is slightly better.
Looks like a cool concept for a printer, would like to hear how it performs, especially sag along the Y axis and whether the bed is adjustable at all.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes