5,604,050 Members 45,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I buy a used samsung Galaxy s3?

Tip us?

Echodroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Should I buy a used samsung Galaxy s3?

There's a local shop that sells used phones and new one as well, the seller showed me a Samsung galaxy s3 for 280$, but it has no manufactures warranty the seller gave me 10 days warranty from the shop, from there I started having doubts about the phone, because he gave me only 10 days so maybe the phone is corrupt, but it is in excellent condition at the outside. The new one costs 400$, so I'll be saving 120$, the phones in my country are highly expensive. So it's either that phone or a new Samsung Galaxy s3 mini OR a Moto G. What do you recommend me?? What I basically want to know is if a second handed GS3 will face any problems?

godbilla
Old
Thanks Meter 35
You're taking a risk buying any used phone. I mean if you're buying it from a shop.. Hopefully it's got a clean esn etc. 280 seems a bit pricey for such an old phone though. No Craigslist in your country?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Echodroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by godbilla View Post
You're taking a risk buying any used phone. I mean if you're buying it from a shop.. Hopefully it's got a clean esn etc. 280 seems a bit pricey for such an old phone though. No Craigslist in your country?

Nobody use craigslist around here, and yeah 280 is expensive but around here everything is expensive, I am not in a hurry buying a phone, but should I go for it or the S2 plus? or the Moto g?

MeAtKeRtN
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Got my S3 on Amazon for $30 over six months ago. My point is there are deals out there all the time that should trump buying a used device.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23893

DONATE TO ME
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thanks
FNSM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

vwags
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I have bought 3 used S3's off of Ebay so far and had no problems...so far. I bought from sellers that had good favorable ratings and claimed clean ESN's and it has worked out.

Samsung_GS3_PPC
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echodroid View Post
Nobody use craigslist around here, and yeah 280 is expensive but around here everything is expensive, I am not in a hurry buying a phone, but should I go for it or the S2 plus? or the Moto g?
I bought a clean ESN Sprint Galaxy S3 on eBay for $155 shipped in great condition. Hard to know what a good price is "around there" without knowing where "there" is.
The SIII Mini and the Moto G both have drawbacks IMO. Off the top of my head, reviews for the Mini suggest the display doesn't look so hot, and re: the Moto I wouldn't touch a phone with no SD slot (and you're aware it's limited to 3g, right?). If the GS III is fully working now, there's nothing that's going to creep out of nowhere unless you drop it.
I just started using this GS3 and I think it's a great great phone.

Echodroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung_GS3_PPC View Post
I bought a clean ESN Sprint Galaxy S3 on eBay for $155 shipped in great condition. Hard to know what a good price is "around there" without knowing where "there" is.
The SIII Mini and the Moto G both have drawbacks IMO. Off the top of my head, reviews for the Mini suggest the display doesn't look so hot, and re: the Moto I wouldn't touch a phone with no SD slot (and you're aware it's limited to 3g, right?). If the GS III is fully working now, there's nothing that's going to creep out of nowhere unless you drop it.
I just started using this GS3 and I think it's a great great phone.
I live in Lebanon if that will help.