XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Really want to buy this phone

Tip us?

lee480
Old
Thanks Meter 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by plsdunbiteme View Post
So just because I have one post, and don't toe the xperia z1 love - in line, you insinuate I'm a troll? Lol. I've expressed my opinion and backed it up with examples, how is that trolling?

Fact is having an ir blaster is an additional option that is better to do with than without. Not everyone has a smart tv; plus ir blaster can control other devices like air-conditioners etc. To suggest it's a feature nobody wants us a sweeping statement.

Agree that z1 feels way more premium, and has a better UI than the abhorrent Samsung touchwiz (they should fire the designer). For that reason alone, I enjoy using my z1,but that's all I regard it as - a feel good luxury device that I can show off to my family and friend. For daily work necessities, I rely on my s4 and the little touches of functionality it offers over z1. Like being more pocketable, ir blaster that can be used to operate the projector in my office, or being able to show videos to my friends easily due to better viewing angles

Re battery, I understand some users don't mind non removable battery. But for me personally, it's important as I enjoy the ease of just swapping out batteries without the hassle of carrying a mobile charger with the clumsy wires, plus I like to know I can tax my battery and counteract its irreversible degradation by simply replacing it when it becomes too worn to use practically.

Anyway these are my opinions, it's up to author to decide after reading reviews from both sides of the fence. Hopefully I've provided a different perspective for consideration. And oh yes, the various issues with the phone like touch screen prob, self cracking screen, bent frames are well documented in this forum and the Sony forum itself. Don't blind yourselves to that and pretend it doesn't exist
It's very odd you created an account just to advertise for Samsung even when the thread author clearly mentioned he was considering between the Z1 and G2. When people come to XDA, they come for ROMs or technical queries. You came here to persuade people to get the outdated Galaxy S4, like an aggressive salesman suddenly popping out of no where, selling outdated products. Pure disgusting. It reminds me of Samsung paying cyber warriors to protect their interest online. I'm also very curious why are you touting the IR blaster. Probably because the IR blaster is the only feature the S4 can beat the Z1. And the final disgusting sales technique used by you is to fabricate lies of "screen cracking and phone bending". This happened for the Xperia Z and not the Z1.

For the record, you're a horrible salesperson. Try putting in more effort.

Ps, you don't want an exploding S4. Be safe than be very sorry.
SEMC/LT28h:4.1.2/6.2.B.0.211
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lee480 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omnius1
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee480 View Post
It's very odd you created an account just to advertise for Samsung even when the thread author clearly mentioned he was considering between the Z1 and G2. When people come to XDA, they come for ROMs or technical queries. You came here to persuade people to get the outdated Galaxy S4, like an aggressive salesman suddenly popping out of no where, selling outdated products. Pure disgusting. It reminds me of Samsung paying cyber warriors to protect their interest online. I'm also very curious why are you touting the IR blaster. Probably because the IR blaster is the only feature the S4 can beat the Z1. And the final disgusting sales technique used by you is to fabricate lies of "screen cracking and phone bending". This happened for the Xperia Z and not the Z1.

Agreed, ever since Google implemented the ability to alert companies whenever they're mentioned on websites, this kind of thing where people appear out of nowhere and make their very first activity to be to defend the brand mentioned and criticize the competition (often with misinformation) has increased. I guess being caught outright for doing this by the Taiwanese gov't hasn't stopped them from continuing this practice. I for one don't believe his response one bit.

plsdunbiteme
Old
(Last edited by plsdunbiteme; 3rd January 2014 at 04:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee480 View Post

Just check out the Sony support forums for yourself and you'll see that the bent phones, cracked screen and touch-screen problems are experienced by many users. They are all in the first few pages - indicating the problems are still ongoing and not resolved. Also, what you said about my sales acumen (or lack of) doesn't bother me - I have no intention to tout one product over another. If I had a G2, I'd give my opinion on it too; however I only have a S4 besides my Z1 - hence the basis for using S4 as a comparison. Just giving my unbiased view based on my personal experience with these 2 devices.

Z1 is a good, nice phone - just that there are better options out there IMO, seeing how my S4 (which was released a good 6 mths before the Z1) is a comparable device. You can choose to take my opinion or post a logical rebuttal (which you have not done). Why the need to suggest all kinds of conspiracy theories to defend your favourite Sony?

omnius1
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by plsdunbiteme View Post
Just check out the Sony support forums for yourself and you'll see that the bent phones, cracked screen and touch-screen problems are experienced by many users. They are all in the first few pages - indicating the problems are still ongoing and not resolved. Also, what you said about my sales acumen (or lack of) doesn't bother me - I have no intention to tout one product over another. Just giving my objective view based on my personal experience.

Z1 is a good, nice phone - just that there are better options out there IMO, seeing how my S4 (which was released a good 6 mths before the Z1) is a comparable device. You can choose to take my opinion or post a logical rebuttal (which you have not done). Why the need to suggest all kinds of conspiracy theories to defend your favourite Sony?
They're not theories, you're so obvious that it was mentioned almost immediately after you posted. And you're still obvious by the way. I've seen enough shills that I recognize their style easily now. I suggest you stick to the Samsung S4 support forums. There's plenty more issues there to keep you busy until the S5 comes out. Every phone support forum has those kinds of post. The difference is that the Z1 totally outclasses the S4. Nice try. I hope you're not being paid by the number of people you convince or you'll be lining up for food stamps this week.

acervenky
Old
(Last edited by acervenky; 4th January 2014 at 03:39 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2689
Back On Topic Please.
Every owner is proud of their respective devices.
Ps.The Op Is Comparing G2 And Z1.
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT