XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

Tip us?

drooskiii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Clockworkmod on S4 4.3?

I have the Galaxy S4 quad-core variant on AT&T running Android 4.3. I installed ROM Manager and from there tried installing Clockworkmod and TWRP (the latter after failure of the former) and the ROM Manager said below my device name "unsupported device". I heard I have to install manually. Is this true or can I not do any of this because I am on Android 4.3? Yes, I am rooted. I really want to flash either Google Play ROM or CyanogenMod, but I can't until I get a custom recovery up and running. Please help.

Posted via Android Central App

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

mcgrabowski
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drooskiii View Post
I have the Galaxy S4 quad-core variant on AT&T running Android 4.3. I installed ROM Manager and from there tried installing Clockworkmod and TWRP (the latter after failure of the former) and the ROM Manager said below my device name "unsupported device". I heard I have to install manually. Is this true or can I not do any of this because I am on Android 4.3? Yes, I am rooted. I really want to flash either Google Play ROM or CyanogenMod, but I can't until I get a custom recovery up and running. Please help.

Posted via Android Central App

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
I don't have a GS4, but maybe this link can help you.

Well.. guess I can't post links just yet. Go to galaxys4root(dot)com, they have a section about installing recoveries on the GS4.