[Q] Offset Camera Lens

OP emailer33

4th January 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
Well I've just received by phone back from HTC repair, and first thing I notice is the camera lens is offset in the case. I'm wondering if its possible this will have any effect in the long term, but the first thing I noticed was it wouldn't focus. Odd thing is once I upgraded to a KitKat rom, all my camera issues disappeared.

Has anyone else had something similar to this? I only ask because I'm trying to avoid being another two weeks without a phone and having to pay shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131231_185122.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	2492581  
4th January 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 224

745 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailer33

Well I've just received by phone back from HTC repair, and first thing I notice is the camera lens is offset in the case. I'm wondering if its possible this will have any effect in the long term, but the first thing I noticed was it wouldn't focus. Odd thing is once I upgraded to a KitKat rom, all my camera issues disappeared.

Has anyone else had something similar to this? I only ask because I'm trying to avoid being another two weeks without a phone and having to pay shipping.

Your phone is perfectly fine. Your camera is only compatible with the newer firmware. My phone does the same thing on the 1.29 firmware. About the lens not being in the center, that's how they replace all the cameras, so nothing can be done about it, it doesn't impact performance

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
Thank you. I was S-OFF before sending it in, and put on the original RUU and put it back to S-ON. I wouldn't have guessed about the camera, thank you for putting my concern to rest, this way I won't be without my phone for so long.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, hardware, lens
Previous Thread Next Thread