Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Offset Camera Lens

Tip us?

emailer33
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Offset Camera Lens

Well I've just received by phone back from HTC repair, and first thing I notice is the camera lens is offset in the case. I'm wondering if its possible this will have any effect in the long term, but the first thing I noticed was it wouldn't focus. Odd thing is once I upgraded to a KitKat rom, all my camera issues disappeared.

Has anyone else had something similar to this? I only ask because I'm trying to avoid being another two weeks without a phone and having to pay shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131231_185122.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	2492581  

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailer33 View Post
Well I've just received by phone back from HTC repair, and first thing I notice is the camera lens is offset in the case. I'm wondering if its possible this will have any effect in the long term, but the first thing I noticed was it wouldn't focus. Odd thing is once I upgraded to a KitKat rom, all my camera issues disappeared.

Has anyone else had something similar to this? I only ask because I'm trying to avoid being another two weeks without a phone and having to pay shipping.
Your phone is perfectly fine. Your camera is only compatible with the newer firmware. My phone does the same thing on the 1.29 firmware. About the lens not being in the center, that's how they replace all the cameras, so nothing can be done about it, it doesn't impact performance

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Use this link to get 50GB of cloud storage from ADrive absolutely free!
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant), SlickWraps Carbon Fiber Black
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

emailer33
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you. I was S-OFF before sending it in, and put on the original RUU and put it back to S-ON. I wouldn't have guessed about the camera, thank you for putting my concern to rest, this way I won't be without my phone for so long.
Tags
camera, hardware, lens