Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 42,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem Booting

Tip us?

supercharge1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Problem Booting

so heres my problem. i had slimbean 4.1 on my device and it worked great. but i got a new phone and left it in a drawer
decided to give my phone to my sister and the update message showed up in my notifications
i downloaded it and flashed as i have a million times before
then i was stuck in a bootloop.

i did the usual, full while, cache and dalvik, and no success, the same has occured with every rom except the miui rom for some reason that one works

i have noticed that i can not factory reset the normal way, i have to use the alternate under settings in twrp

i have also used the super scripts and i noticed that it gets stuck on clearing the cache, any ideas?

cwyman
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharge1 View Post
so heres my problem. i had slimbean 4.1 on my device and it worked great. but i got a new phone and left it in a drawer
decided to give my phone to my sister and the update message showed up in my notifications

i did the usual, full while, cache and dalvik, and no success, the same has occured with every rom except the miui rom for some reason that one works

i have noticed that i can not factory reset the normal way, i have to use the alternate under settings in twrp

i have also used the super scripts and i noticed that it gets stuck on clearing the cache, any ideas?
Are you still using the same version of TWRP you used to flash slimbean 4.1? If you are trying to flash newer ROMS with an older version of TWRP, that could be causing the problem.

acefsw
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharge1 View Post

Try TWRP 2.6.1.0
Attached Files
File Type: zip TWRP_2.6.1.0_Hercules.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.21 MB, 5 views)
Phones: G1 rooted and retired, MT3g stock rooted still works, sitting in a drawer somewhere, MT4g rooted virtuous rom, G2 rooted vision-glite-v2.0.1 radio 26.13.04.19, Samsung Galaxy S II SGH T989 rooted CyanFox 0.94

Tablet: Tab2 7.0 gt p3113 rooted Pure Bean HD V2

Best gt p3113 rooting instructions
Revert to stock
Install CWM
Swap internal sd to external