XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to root the Galaxy Ace La Fleur

Tip us?

Vandeg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Unable to root the Galaxy Ace La Fleur

I'm unable to root my Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i La Fleur. I read somewhere that this is caused by Thinkfree office, which has to be removed first, I could find a link to universal_gb_remove_thinkfreeoffice_v2.zip, but the file cannot be downloaded without restrictions. Has anyone an alternative?, I want to keep my stock ROM.

achuakshay
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Thumbs up Do it this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandeg View Post
I'm unable to root my Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i La Fleur. I read somewhere that this is caused by Thinkfree office, which has to be removed first, I could find a link to universal_gb_remove_thinkfreeoffice_v2.zip, but the file cannot be downloaded without restrictions. Has anyone an alternative?, I want to keep my stock ROM.
Wrong question! Ask it in the Q&A section! @Hitesh2626 Plz take care of this!

*Copy the file ROOT-S5830C-i-M.zip to SDCARD (Dont place it in any folder)
*Turn off the phone, press and hold VOL-UP + HOME + POWER
*Apply the update file ROOT-S5830C-i-M.zip from sdcard and reboot
Hit thanks!

Download the zip file from HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to achuakshay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hitesh2626
Old
(Last edited by Hitesh2626; 31st December 2013 at 05:55 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1070
Quote:
Posted in wrong section
REPORTED

Vandeg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for moving my thread!

@achuakshay: I cannot download the file. Is it the same file as in this link? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1551156
I already tried that one too. I can install it and all seems to go well. But when I reboot there is no SuperSU app and LinktoSD says that it cannot get root access.

jAnAnI aCe
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default :)

Quote:
Thanks for moving my thread!

@achuakshay: I cannot download the file. Is it the same file as in this link? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1551156
I already tried that one too. I can install it and all seems to go well. But when I reboot there is no SuperSU app and LinktoSD says that it cannot get root access.

Try another Super user app from! Or else flast the rom again!
Wrong section buddy!
- A female XDA user!

Hitesh2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAnAnI aCe View Post
Try another Super user app from! Or else flast the rom again!
Wrong section buddy!
- A female XDA user!
These is right section .
@Vandeg
Download the Root.zip from HERE And flash it with proper steps
The Following User Says Thank You to Hitesh2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adisawant
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
try fashing the stock rom by odin. then install the zip...
always better to search for issues before making new threads

Vandeg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh2626 View Post
These is right section .
@Vandeg
Download the Root.zip from HERE And flash it with proper steps
It doesn't work on this phone. Install goes well and says in recovery that phone is rooted, but after reboot and checking root validator it says it's not rooted. Tried to install SuperSU manually but whenI run it I get the error message binary is missing.
People in other forums say to remove thinkfree office, but I cannot uninstall it.

Hitesh2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1070
Quote:
It doesn't work on this phone. Install goes well and says in recovery that phone is rooted, but after reboot and checking root validator it says it's not rooted. Tried to install SuperSU manually but whenI run it I get the error message binary is missing.
People in other forums say to remove thinkfree office, but I cannot uninstall it.
Do wipe data/cache
Then flash one Stock Rom
Then Flash above zip
No issue about Thinkfree office and all...

Vandeg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Solved rooting Galaxy ace la Fleur

I got it finally working. I downloaded from a German forum and installed in recovery universal_gb_remove_thinkfreeoffice.zip. Then rebooted and logged off again. After that I was able to install ROOT-S5830C-i-M.zip.
I attached the file to remove Thinkfree Office!
Attached Files
File Type: zip universal_gb_remove_thinkfreeoffice.zip - [Click for QR Code] (103.2 KB, 34 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Vandeg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]