XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I Need help transerfing application data

Tip us?

jordan1776
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] I Need help transerfing application data

I recently upgraded from my old Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (not rooted) to the Note 3 (again Verizon and not rooted). I managed to transfer almost everything I need, but some of app data didn't transfer. First I used MyBackup Pro which transferred all my apps, call logs, texts, and other things but it didn't get some of my save games so I copy and pasted my /storage/sdcard0 (because that is the only directory you have acess to w/o root) to my new phone and that got the rest except for 8 games:
10000000, punch quest, fieldrunners, canabalt hd, mcpixel, funky smugglers, ridiculous fishing, plague inc, and rymdkapsel. I contacted eighty eight games (the developers of 10000000) how to move the 10000000 app data to my new phone and he said:

Heya Joshua,

Thanks!

It's certainly possible, though I haven't tried it myself. the save file is located here:

/data/data/com.eightyeightgames.tenmillion/shared_prefs/com.eightyeightgames.tenmillion.xml

so if you use a file manager you should be able to copy that file and path over to your new phone and keep all your data

Let me know how you get on!

Luca

Turns out these apps have there save data on the /data/data folder of the internal sd card. So I tried to go to the /data/data folder on my note 2 but it turns out you need root access to even view /data! Does anyone know how to transfer the app data from my old phone to my new phone without root?

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan1776 View Post
I recently upgraded from my old Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (not rooted) to the Note 3 (again Verizon and not rooted). I managed to transfer almost everything I need, but some of app data didn't transfer. First I used MyBackup Pro which transferred all my apps, call logs, texts, and other things but it didn't get some of my save games so I copy and pasted my /storage/sdcard0 (because that is the only directory you have acess to w/o root) to my new phone and that got the rest except for 8 games:
10000000, punch quest, fieldrunners, canabalt hd, mcpixel, funky smugglers, ridiculous fishing, plague inc, and rymdkapsel. I contacted eighty eight games (the developers of 10000000) how to move the 10000000 app data to my new phone and he said:

Heya Joshua,

Thanks!

It's certainly possible, though I haven't tried it myself. the save file is located here:

/data/data/com.eightyeightgames.tenmillion/shared_prefs/com.eightyeightgames.tenmillion.xml

so if you use a file manager you should be able to copy that file and path over to your new phone and keep all your data

Let me know how you get on!

Luca

Turns out these apps have there save data on the /data/data folder of the internal sd card. So I tried to go to the /data/data folder on my note 2 but it turns out you need root access to even view /data! Does anyone know how to transfer the app data from my old phone to my new phone without root?
Try using helium. Don't think it needs root.

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
P.S. replies with quotes will be replied to faster.
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irwenzhao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jordan1776
Old
(Last edited by jordan1776; 4th January 2014 at 09:42 PM.) Reason: My result from taking Irwenzhao's advice changed
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
Try using helium. Don't think it needs root.

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
P.S. replies with quotes will be replied to faster.
I forget to mention I used helium too, but that didn't work.

EDIT: Second times the charm! I got it to work!
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan1776 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]