Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 40,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat

Tip us?

blkhrt13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default KitKat

So, I've been trying to flash a kitkat ROM, and every single time, it fails. I've tried at least 2 different ROMs, including the new beanstalk and ose ROM. Both fail. I noticed that you have to flash with either cwm recovery or the latest version of twrp. Fails with both every time. Wtf!!! I don't understand! What an I going wrong??? I've read and read and read and can't figure it out

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WEM97
Old
Thanks Meter 842

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt13 View Post
So, I've been trying to flash a kitkat ROM, and every single time, it fails. I've tried at least 2 different ROMs, including the new beanstalk and ose ROM. Both fail. I noticed that you have to flash with either cwm recovery or the latest version of twrp. Fails with both every time. Wtf!!! I don't understand! What an I going wrong??? I've read and read and read and can't figure it out

*facepalm* You aren't on the modded version of TWRP are you :P Don't worry I had the same issue initially. Go to the CM11 thread and search for the modified version of TWRP. Also latest touch CWM should work.
Please hit if I helped!

Device: SONY Xperia Z1S C916
Rom:Stock Firmware .108 Android 4.4.4
Kernel:3.4.0 Stock
CPU OC: None || GPU OC: None
Recovery: N/A
SOUNDCLOUD
▃ ▅ ▆ █ EVEROLVE █ ▆ ▅ ▃

GrzlyAdms
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt13 View Post

Here's another recovery option. I haven't tried it yet, but it is based off the latest cwm so it should work for 4.4 based ROMs. It's getting good reviews so far.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595978