XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

are you rooted already ? (OPPO N1)

Tip us?

Espada04
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfainx View Post
It is rooted, as I have done it myself more than once.

Also, I said before that Oppo doesn't update or modify TWRP (nor does CM). I'm sure an updated TWRP build will fix the flashing issue. You can flash CM straight as it is on the stock recovery.

I don't know what's happening that's different from me. I have used that method to get root working on both CM and Omni. Probably about 20 times total now because I keep clean installing due to various changes that I make that I don't want to carry over.

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
If TWRP doesn't work properly how did you root? With the stock recovery?

nowy57
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 451
it is not true that stock recovery allow to install CM rom straight thru this recovery
I was fight couple of hours to install TWRP (first on my osx than went easier on windows)
and after this I could install CM rom via TWRP of course .
----------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note3+Mugen 6500mAh - best phone ever

trialsrider1
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowy57 View Post
it is not true that stock recovery allow to install CM rom straight thru this recovery
I was fight couple of hours to install TWRP (first on my osx than went easier on windows)

You can indeed install straight from stock recovery. I did it last night. You have to use the official rom for the n1. Works nicely. I also had root working on cm. I flashed cm from stock recovery then used fastboot to install twrp. After twrp i flashed supersu zip. After i did the fix root or remove or whatever it is in the ap, reinstalled and tested it in titanium. Said i did have access but then went back to coloros to try and fix my mediascanner issue.

Sent from my N1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Harfainx
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowy57 View Post
I mean straight flash CM on the stock recovery, not on TWRP. You would have to be on the stock recovery for it to work straight from the CM download. On the stock recovery though, you will not be able to flash SuperSU on it. I do not believe that Omni can be flashed from there either, but I could be wrong (I haven't tried it).

There's a thread in the dev section that has the stock recovery hosted there. You can always fastboot flash back to that at any time.
team d3rp

ArchosFans Forum
Archos Gamepad OUYA Nexus 10 Nexus 7 (2013)
Oppo N1 HTC One (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)

Recycled phones: HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older
Recycled Tablets: Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android)

ChodTheWacko
Old
Thanks Meter 394
Okay, I decided to install Cyanogenmod for the heck of it.

I already had TWRP 2.6.3.1 installed,

I downloaded and modified cm-10.2-WPPH50O-n1-signed.zip as per this page's instructions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2553165
I also downloaded supersu (current version is 1.86).

I entered TWRP and installed it, following that page's instructions.

After the install, I selected 'reboot'.
When I selected 'reboot', It prompted me with:
install superSU now? this will root your device.

I said no, and then rebooted back into TWRP.

Now back in TWRP, I install SUPERSU.
Now reboot again.

Now in CM.
Now run SuperSU, select 'settings', and unclick 'Respect CM root settings".
Now root works for me.

Two notes:
1) Respect CM root settings implies that in 'developer settings', there is some sort of "allow root" checkbox. I can't find it.
2) If, after the CM install, you answer 'install SuperSU' with YES", then it installs SuperSU, and reboots.
When you go back in, and run SuperSU, it says "gee, you aren't rooted, install SuperSU?"
If you answer THAT with yes, then it downloads some version of SuperSU, reboots into twrp, and installs it.

So it's kinda pointless answering YES in the first place, imho.
Galaxy Note FAQ: http://lishutterbug.com/note
57K and growing!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChodTheWacko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Espada04
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Are you serious right now?! I was worried unchecking Respect CM root setting would mess things up. But now I have root access. OMG... I unchecked it and it works! ^_^

hammerandtongs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 57 43235953

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChodTheWacko View Post
Two notes:
1) Respect CM root settings implies that in 'developer settings', there is some sort of "allow root" checkbox. I can't find it.
There is actually a #Superuser control panel just below "{} Developer option" that has lots of useful settings for root user control.

I haven't rooted yet but it seems like handy stuff for supersu to respect? Once you go into #Superuser use the menu button and you can add a profile etc it seems.

It's all kind of oddly done since adding that control panel after activating developer mode doesn't actually add an "su" binary.

ChodTheWacko
Old
Thanks Meter 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerandtongs View Post
There is actually a #Superuser control panel just below "{} Developer option" that has lots of useful settings for root user control.

I haven't rooted yet but it seems like handy stuff for supersu to respect? Once you go into #Superuser use the menu button and you can add a profile etc it seems.

It's all kind of oddly done since adding that control panel after activating developer mode doesn't actually add an "su" binary.
On what version of CM? or did you mean OMNI?

Under 'System' I only have:

Date & time
Accessibility
Developer options
Performance
About phone

Unless you meant 'in {} Developer' but I don't see anything in there either.

- Frank
Galaxy Note FAQ: http://lishutterbug.com/note
57K and growing!

hammerandtongs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChodTheWacko View Post
On what version of CM? or did you mean OMNI?

Under 'System' I only have:

Date & time
Accessibility
Developer options
Performance
About phone

Unless you meant 'in {} Developer' but I don't see anything in there either.

- Frank
WOW...so it literally disappeared as I was composing this message.

Cyanogenmod "signed" installed with the oppo bootloader (not rooted as supersu doesn't install successfully through bootloader etc).

Some kind of UI refresh after I changed some home screen settings?

It was persistent through 5-10x reboots and now is gone.

Obviously a glitch since I don't have su and I'm not truly rooted but it WAS there :\

I'd say its a bug to be filed if you are rooted and it's not available.