5,600,919 Members 42,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Running out of Space, Symlinks and Installing Apps to SDcard

Tip us?
 
C0BRA01
Old
#11  
C0BRA01's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 544
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Well, if you did it from your PC, it may be formatted NTFS, and you need them formatted FAT 32. Get it here; http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html Not only allows formatting almost any format xFAT, Fat32, NTFS, etc.. and you can partition them also which is not supported by Windows, but IS supported by most Android ROMs. I doubt there is anything wrong with your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1barlog17 View Post
I'm not sure I just put the card in my computer and clicked format SD card. I'm not rooted or running any special ROM, it's completely stock out've the box.

Former devices;
B&N Nook, HTC 2125, Samsung Blackjack,
HTC Fuze, HTC Tilt 2, HTC HD2 T9193 (Running JB 4.1.1)
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" P3113

Current;
Nexus 5 Black 32GB Running AOKP. (Kitkat 4.4.2)
LG G Pad 8.3 running Dalingrin's Official CM11
AT&T Asus Nexus 7 Tilipia (2012) running SlimKat 4.4.2
Asus Transformer tf101 running KatKiss JB 4.3 @ 1.4GHz
 
1barlog17
Old
#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0BRA01 View Post
Well, if you did it from your PC, it may be formatted NTFS, and you need them formatted FAT 32. Get it here; http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html Not only allows formatting almost any format xFAT, Fat32, NTFS, etc.. and you can partition them also which is not supported by Windows, but IS supported by most Android ROMs. I doubt there is anything wrong with your device.
Thanks for the tip, this makes me feel a little better about my purchase, I'll give it a try. I'm also thinking of buying a 64gb San Disk card and hopefully it will just work with a brand new one.
 
Lucien2
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Dec 2013
These solutions did work for me, I am still tweaking to get it the way I like it especially since every time I update my Rom Link2SD has to generate new scripts. I can ready and write to the SD card just fine and I could before I started using this as well. I am not sure why you aren't able to write to your sd card. Could it be a bad SD card? Try plugging it into your computer.
 
colwellkr
Old
#14  
colwellkr's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 66
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien2 View Post
These solutions did work for me, I am still tweaking to get it the way I like it especially since every time I update my Rom Link2SD has to generate new scripts. I can ready and write to the SD card just fine and I could before I started using this as well. I am not sure why you aren't able to write to your sd card. Could it be a bad SD card? Try plugging it into your computer.
I have been trying to fix the issue with Rom updates and link2sd. You have to provide the Rom (in my case cyanogenmod) a backup script so it can back up the files. I am planning on figuring it out at some point but if you get it before I do would you mind posting your script? Thanks!

Sent from my VS870 4G using XDA Premium HD app
LG G Pad 8.3 (v500) Cyanogenmod 11
LG Lucid 2 (vs870) Lucidian
 
colwellkr
Old
#15  
colwellkr's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 66
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
I have been trying to fix the issue with Rom updates and link2sd. You have to provide the Rom (in my case cyanogenmod) a backup script so it can back up the files. I am planning on figuring it out at some point but if you get it before I do would you mind posting your script? Thanks!

Sent from my VS870 4G using XDA Premium HD app
So a follow up with this, I was able to get a script working. I don't know if this feature is unique to cyanogenmod or not but any script in /system/addon.d will execute itself during a rom install and be restored automatically if it was wiped. So using 50-cm.sh as an example I made a script called 11-link2sd.sh to perform the backup of the mount script for link2sd which is located in /system/etc/init.d/11link2sd.

I then had insert this script and my mount script into a cyanogenmod update and flash it in. But after that I tried flashing an update of cm11 to test it and it worked! Attached is my script which should also work for anyone who is able to flash it into their /system/addon.d folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 11-link2sd.zip - [Click for QR Code] (506 Bytes, 11 views)
LG G Pad 8.3 (v500) Cyanogenmod 11
LG Lucid 2 (vs870) Lucidian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colwellkr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
apps, sdcard, storage, symlink, v500
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...