5,598,908 Members 30,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] losing root to get 4.3

Tip us?

Shroomster
Old
(Last edited by Shroomster; 30th December 2013 at 03:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default [Q] losing root to get 4.3

I'm getting the ota notification, went through the download and fail to update cycle & read that it won't update if you're rooted. The threads I'm seeing in this forum are all about keeping root while downgrading.

I am rooted currently on .257

I'm not worried about losing root, I'd just like to update the phone.

will anything happen with apps that have root access ie I use cerberus in root form hidden as system framework and I have supersu injected into system too....

sent from my rooted Xperia Z1
phone: Sony Xperia Z1
hboot: n/a
recovery: n/a
radio: n/a
rom: stock

Press "THANKS" if I helped you.

TagEHeuer
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
I'm getting the ota notification, went through the download and fail to update cycle & read that it won't update if you're rooted. The threads I'm seeing in this forum are all about keeping root while downgrading.

I am rooted currently on .257

I'm not worried about losing root, I'd just like to update the phone.

will anything happen with apps that have root access ie I use cerberus in root form hidden as system framework and I have supersu injected into system too....

sent from my rooted Xperia Z1
If you downgrade and lose root, your rooted apps will just lose root privilege. You can download apps for rooted phones, but the apps just won't work with unrooted phones (or if it doesn't get superuser permission)

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.