[Q] Is my device ATT?

Tip us?

adnanschat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridgman View Post
If you can ADB into the phone then you can just delete the CDT partition, and then RSD lite will let you flash whatever you want.

You do this, with the following:

1) Download moto-fastboot command:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953948

2) Save the exe someplace you can remember

3) Open a command prompt and CD to where you saved the moto-fastboot file

4) run the following command(s):
Code:
moto-fastboot erase cdt             *NOTE this may not work and you may need to run the next command instead
moto-fastboot erase cdt.bin
5) Try and run RSDlite again and flash something and see if it lets you get past the flashing CDT.bin step
adb says - waiting for device and does nothing.

adnanschat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If you can ADB into the phone then you can just delete the CDT partition, and then RSD lite will let you flash whatever you want.

You do this, with the following:

1) Download moto-fastboot command:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1953948

2) Save the exe someplace you can remember

3) Open a command prompt and CD to where you saved the moto-fastboot file

4) run the following command(s):
Code:
moto-fastboot erase cdt             *NOTE this may not work and you may need to run the next command instead
moto-fastboot erase cdt.bin
5) Try and run RSDlite again and flash something and see if it lets you get past the flashing CDT.bin step
It says....Failed. Restricted. What should I do?

jimbridgman
Old
(Last edited by jimbridgman; 1st January 2014 at 01:43 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnanschat View Post
It says....Failed. Restricted. What should I do?
Hey, what says failed restricted?

When you try to erase the CDT partition or when you try to run RSDlite after you erased the cdt partition?

I am here to help, but I need more information.

Happy new year by the way.
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS

"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"

If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
http://db.tt/SorT4X6q
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.

Jim

adnanschat
Old
(Last edited by adnanschat; 1st January 2014 at 09:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hey, what says failed restricted?

When you try to erase the CDT partition or when you try to run RSDlite after you erased the cdt partition?

I am here to help, but I need more information.

Happy new year by the way.
When I try to erase CDT partition. Tried all my might. The link you provided had 2 different fastboot files. I tried with both. No help. Is this enough for you? PFA screenshot
Attached Files
File Type: docx New Microsoft Word Document.docx - [Click for QR Code] (32.5 KB, 3 views)

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
When I try to erase CDT partition. Tried all my might. The link you provided had 2 different fastboot files. I tried with both. No help. Is this enough for you? PFA screenshot
Try using the fastboot command that comes with the sdk instead of the moto-fastboot one.

Code:
fastboot.exe erase cdt.bin     *Note, if this does not work you can try to format it, but that might be dangerous.

Jim

adnanschat
Old
(Last edited by adnanschat; 3rd January 2014 at 09:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Try using the fastboot command that comes with the sdk instead of the moto-fastboot one.

Code:
fastboot.exe erase cdt.bin     *Note, if this does not work you can try to format it, but that might be dangerous.
Is it necessary to put .exe extension with fastboot command?

I tried with all the fastboot files (the one with sdk, and the ones who provided me with the link), none could do it. You mentioned above to format the partition, how can I do that? Now when it seems my cdt.bin partition is restricted, formatting will help me? how dangerous is it to format it? Will my phone stop working after formatting? I mean while flashing fxz, will the cdt.bin file never flash into phone at all?

I almost gave up the idea of jb leak on my phone. Trying to make me content with stock ICS (i like stock ics more than any other). But with that little window of hope which you have opened, I might finally flash jb leak 3 on my phone. Thanks for all the help you are providing Jim.

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Is it necessary to put .exe extension with fastboot command?

I tried with all the fastboot files (the one with sdk, and the ones who provided me with the link), none could do it. You mentioned above to format the partition, how can I do that? Now when it seems my cdt.bin partition is restricted, formatting will help me? how dangerous is it to format it? Will my phone stop working after formatting? I mean while flashing fxz, will the cdt.bin file never flash into phone at all?

I almost gave up the idea of jb leak on my phone. Trying to make me content with stock ICS (i like stock ics more than any other). But with that little window of hope which you have opened, I might finally flash jb leak 3 on my phone. Thanks for all the help you are providing Jim.
No I do not think you have to put the .exe extension on the command, I am a unix/linux guy, so I am very anal about the command line if you know what I mean.

So I will give you standard line we always say here. Anything you do to your phone can render it dead or useless, so yes anything you attempt can result in a brick if something goes wrong.

Now with that being said, there have only been a few people that have tried and successfully done this so that they could flash another firmware (namely people with AT&T phone who wanted something like SEARET or HK firmware).

Take a look at this and see if you understand what they are doing because it is the foundation of what we will do.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34&postcount=1

Complete the backup steps as noted above, you will need root and busybox installed to most likely use the dd command on the phone.

You will need BMM/CWM installed to most likely format the cid parition, otherwise I would be very cautious for someone using a command line to do it that is unfamiliar with formatting a partition that is that important.

After you have erased the CID partition and (make sure you took that backup before doing so), have the JB leak, you will use the fastboot command to flash everything EXCEPT the CDT.bin and the bootloader files.

Make sure you cd into the uncompressed directory with all the files from the JB leak in there.
You will flash all of the files like this:

Code:
fastboot flash partitionname file toflash
so something like this:

Code:
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash lbl lbl
fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin
fastboot flash ebr ebr
fastboot mbr mbr
fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
I have no idea if/how this will work, since I have not tried it, and not had my A2 for almost a year now, but in theory it should work for you, if you are willing to take the risk of possibly bricking.

Jim

Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbridgman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stars2
Old
Thanks Meter 88
IAnyone tryed to flash a device tree from Jelly Bean rom to AT&T phone?

I know, the kernel is working from JB with erased CID (on AT&T), but the device tree possibly hard brick my phone?