XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data requires restart

Tip us?

SirBenjamin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Data requires restart

I have a SCH-S960L (TracFone, Straight Talk, Sprint based) on SlimBean 4.3. I've had an issue where my data does not connect until a restart. The cellular connection indicator stays blue when Wi-Fi is on but when I turn it off and turn mobile data on the bars turn grey and stay grey. My solution is to restart it and that fixes it and often comes back on as LTE. Toggling Airplane Mode does not do anything. I am using an official/stable build of SlimBean. What should I do to fix this? I can't flash the modem since I'm using the latest version and it was a nightmare trying to fix it. (As seen in my other thread)

With best regards,
SirBenjamin

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

erikalin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1538
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBenjamin View Post
I have a SCH-S960L (TracFone, Straight Talk, Sprint based) on SlimBean 4.3. I've had an issue where my data does not connect until a restart. The cellular connection indicator stays blue when Wi-Fi is on but when I turn it off and turn mobile data on the bars turn grey and stay grey. My solution is to restart it and that fixes it and often comes back on as LTE. Toggling Airplane Mode does not do anything. I am using an official/stable build of SlimBean. What should I do to fix this? I can't flash the modem since I'm using the latest version and it was a nightmare trying to fix it. (As seen in my other thread)

With best regards,
SirBenjamin

Howdy. I might not be able to help you because I don't know about data other than Sprint, but if you can tell this info it will help me or someone else try to assist you:

Before (presumably your data worked at some point) -> After (your data works after rebooting only)

What was your setup before and basically, what did you do? What changes did you make? One of them is the culprit...
Are you about to ask a question? Hold up. Before you do that, did you check here?
Stardate 041014, Verizon HTC One M8 in hand!

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6209
Quote:

With best regards,
SirBenjamin

Have you tried Updating PRL / Profile ?
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SirBenjamin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikalin View Post
Howdy. I might not be able to help you because I don't know about data other than Sprint, but if you can tell this info it will help me or someone else try to assist you:

Before (presumably your data worked at some point) -> After (your data works after rebooting only)

What was your setup before and basically, what did you do? What changes did you make? One of them is the culprit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Have you tried Updating PRL / Profile ?

Please excuse my belated reply.

For erakalin, I don't know whether you mean what I do to fix it temporarily or what I did to make it not work properly.

As for prboy, I can no longer update the PRL/Profile since there is no option anymore. This is not the stock ROM.

I appreciate your help.

jay7264
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Angry data

Quote:
Please excuse my belated reply.

For erakalin, I don't know whether you mean what I do to fix it temporarily or what I did to make it not work properly.

As for prboy, I can no longer update the PRL/Profile since there is no option anymore. This is not the stock ROM.

I appreciate your help.

dial ##data# then hit edit then enter your msl then go to ehrpd and disable iy then back out of that menu and restart it that should help
flash to verizon evo evo 3d evo shift epic nexus s lg revolution sprint galaxy s3 evo lte REMOTELY