Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Just got the phone

OP DincWeeman

4th January 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
I just got the S4 from a contract upgrade. Soo I have a few questions I can't seem to find from the search engine.How do I know if I can root or use safestrap? Also is this http://www.spigen.com/brands/samsung...rmor-view.html a good case if anyone has it?
4th January 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 178

549 posts
More
Everything depends on your build number.
Chances are you have either mj7 or mk2.
Everything you will need is in this thread just make sure you read very thoroughly and understand it before you try flashing anything.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337590

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

36 posts
I'm assuming thats the ending of the baseband right?
4th January 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 178

549 posts
More
Yes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 828

2,437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DincWeeman

I just got the S4 from a contract upgrade. Soo I have a few questions I can't seem to find from the search engine.How do I know if I can root or use safestrap? Also is this http://www.spigen.com/brands/samsung...rmor-view.html a good case if anyone has it?

there are several threads here concerning safestrap that you can easily find with or without the search function and I believe there are several youtube videos as well.

there are several threads concerning rooting in these forums as well as youtube videos. You have a verizon S4 correct?

take some time and educate yourself. Plenty of info here and elsewhere to go thru.
4th January 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,495

3,445 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DincWeeman

i have the case I love it, Spigen has sh*t customer service but the case is awesome.
4th January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

there are several threads here concerning safestrap that you can easily find with or without the search function and I believe there are several youtube videos as well.

there are several threads concerning rooting in these forums as well as youtube videos. You have a verizon S4 correct?

take some time and educate yourself. Plenty of info here and elsewhere to go thru.

Well the issue I was having was a overload of information. I couldnt figure out if I needed safestrap or not. But that also could of been an issue of my common sense not working and not wanting to brick it. Since this seems alot diffrent from my rezound and Incredible. But yeah verizon.

Also josh how bad is the customer service doesnt really matter since I bought it just wanna know what I may run into.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread