[Q] Stock launcher grid size?

OP DECIM8

3rd January 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 28

201 posts
More
Is there a way to change the grid size with the stock TW launcher? I'm not rooted yet but I would root to get this done. I don't want to install a custom recovery and trip knox though. So much screen size and a 4x4 grid is absurd.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "page indicator" that takes up as much space as a 4x1 widget? Also a waste of space.

If I go to a different launcher what features, apps or widgets would I loose access to? I know the S-pen and its apps/features will still work.

Maybe TW just isn't for me after being on CM for so long.
4th January 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 367

1,001 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DECIM8

Is there a way to change the grid size with the stock TW launcher? I'm not rooted yet but I would root to get this done. I don't want to install a custom recovery and trip knox though. So much screen size and a 4x4 grid is absurd.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "page indicator" that takes up as much space as a 4x1 widget? Also a waste of space.

If I go to a different launcher what features, apps or widgets would I loose access to? I know the S-pen and its apps/features will still work.

Maybe TW just isn't for me after being on CM for so long.

Not without rooting. Domt know if there is an xposed module for that or not. You may have to decompile the launcher apk to change it.
Different launchers would just lose Samsung specific widgets like weather and memo and such.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag New London, CT
Thanks Meter: 29

107 posts
More
I can't find the exact one I used but it was basically the same thing as this. Must be rooted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591326

Edit- This is the one I used http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579686
Last edited by zombicidal maniac; 4th January 2014 at 07:01 PM.
4th January 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 556

2,314 posts
More
Even before I rooted, I switched to the Nova Launcher. I put a TW Launcher button on one of the secondary screens so I could switch back for any Specific TW launcher type items, but never use it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread