Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Considering switching from the Note 3

Tip us?

DrexelDragon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
I had the AT&T Note 3. Complete waste of what could have been an awesome phone. Samsung is finished in the Dev Community because of Knox.
I switched to LG G2, though the screen isn't as big as on the Note 3, G2 has the HD IPS screen and it looks so much better than the PenTile screen on the Note 3.
Both phones are equally fast.
Takes a while to get used to the buttons on rear of G2.
Knock On/Off is a nice feature.
Camera takes awesome pictures and can take them in rapid succession. Multiple face tracking. Color effects.
You won't regret the switch.
Awesome. Now the only thing I am unsure about is if I want the white or black one.

OrionBG
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexelDragon View Post
Awesome. Now the only thing I am unsure about is if I want the white or black one.
I've seen both and the black one is clearly the winner! On the black one, the display looks bigger because of the black frame. The whole front side looks like a giant screen! The white one is just ugly (personal opinion) and the openings for the front camera and sensors are black and they don't look too good on the white front panel.
Nokia Lumia 1520 32GB
History: Nokia 5110, Ericsson R320, Xda IIs, HTC Universal, Nokia E90, HTC HD, HTC Magic, HTC HD2, HTC Desire HD, SonyEricsson Xperia X10, HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, LG G2

barondebxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexelDragon View Post
Has anyone came from the Note 3? I am considering the switch. I barely use the S-Pen and the screen and battery life of the G2 are appealing. How does the camera compare? Also, I love stock android and the Note 3 development is stagnant because of Knox.

Can anyone give insight? Thanks!
I used the Note 3 a lot and used the G2 a lot. The note 3 is the smoother device. Battery life I'll give the edge to the G2. Both are great. But I never used the S pen, not even multiwindow do I went with the device that is more comfortable for me and it's the G2. But note 3 is the better device when it comes to performance and features.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Iphone 6 Pre-ordered!!!

Current Device: Nokia Lumia 635

Recently Owned

HTC One M8

Sony Xperia Z2

Samsung Galaxy S 5

Oppo Find 7a

OnePlus One

player911
Old
(Last edited by player911; 3rd January 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 907

DONATE TO ME
Food for thought:

I like the black one because the screen blends in more but...

Coming from the Note 3's Amoled screen, the White G2 will offer better contrast for the blacks of the LCD screen.

FWIW though, the G2 does have pretty good black levels. I came from a Galaxy Nexus and aside from the bootup screen (mostly black) I don't notice a difference. The G2 is also SUPER bright, so I typically use 50% brightness levels, which helps keeps the blacks black.

They both have the same internals, so I don't know how one can be faster or smoother then the other unless there is some software magic going on. If you run AOSP roms, I bet both perform about the same.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

moulip
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You ended your post well. On aosp it's possible that they perform the same way. Therefore the Note3 sports 3GB of RAM.
But with their genuine ROM of course one can be smoother than the other. The tuning brought by each vendor won't be the same.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

Scotsman828
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The back cover on the black one has faux carbon fiber look. White is for chicks and iPhones fanboys.
Manufacturers and Carriers, "You want to do what with your smart phone? We don't think so. Assimilate, resistance if futile!"

Milly7
Old
Thanks Meter 215
I have had better battery life on the Note 3, but the G2 is the best phone right now imo.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Billy Madison
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
G2 has the HD IPS screen
G2 has True RGB Full HD IPS screen

Jonous
Old
Thanks Meter 42
A for the color, you can always combine and get a white nexus5-like bicoloured combination, i plan on trying a white back on my black g2 at some point http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=161165362728

t3project
Old
Thanks Meter 1,372

DONATE TO ME
drexel, check your pms.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app