Tip us?

cherokee990
Old
(Last edited by cherokee990; 2nd January 2014 at 11:23 PM.) Reason: clarify
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] androwook 2.31 problem

Hello there.

My Prime recently went out of warranty and I decided to root and install a custom rom.
I was and still am a newbie when it comes to flashing roms but i stayed true to the guides and followed every step.

I managed to back it with nvflash so everything is safe from that point of view.

After the androidroot recovery, i switched to twrp 2.6.0(a mistake in my opinion now that i have learned certain thing) and followed the steps to installing the androwook rom 2.31.

I flashed the hairybean bootloader and recovery updater - nothing happened to the twrp version as it should have and i noticed nothing happened to bootloader version (it still was 10.4.2.15). I continued with the guide and managed a successful install of the rom with husbunduah kernel.

That's when the problems began with the constant reboots(at about 1min-1,5 min). I reinstalled the rom with other kernels and it only became worse.

I thought it was because of the bootloader - but after all the wipes and reflashing of the updater - it still wouldn't change.
I downgraded the twrp to 2.3.1 and tried it again, thinking i would see the upgrade on the version of twrp and it would work with the bootloader.

All the images were checked with md5checker and i did all the wipes in the order it was written and when i should've done them.

Please lend me a little hand here as i am unsure if i'm correct in my assumptions and don't know what to do next.
to summarize: the question is - how do i update the bootloader and why didn't it upgrade?

flumpster
Old
Thanks Meter 2487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee990 View Post
Hello there.

My Prime recently went out of warranty and I decided to root and install a custom rom.
I was and still am a newbie when it comes to flashing roms but i stayed true to the guides and followed every step.

I managed to back it with nvflash so everything is safe from that point of view.

After the androidroot recovery, i switched to twrp 2.6.0(a mistake in my opinion now that i have learned certain thing) and followed the steps to installing the androwook rom 2.31.

I flashed the hairybean bootloader and recovery updater - nothing happened to the twrp version as it should have and i noticed nothing happened to bootloader version (it still was 10.4.2.15). I continued with the guide and managed a successful install of the rom with husbunduah kernel.

That's when the problems began with the constant reboots(at about 1min-1,5 min). I reinstalled the rom with other kernels and it only became worse.

I thought it was because of the bootloader - but after all the wipes and reflashing of the updater - it still wouldn't change.
I downgraded the twrp to 2.3.1 and tried it again, thinking i would see the upgrade on the version of twrp and it would work with the bootloader.

All the images were checked with md5checker and i did all the wipes in the order it was written and when i should've done them.

Please lend me a little hand here as i am unsure if i'm correct in my assumptions and don't know what to do next.
to summarize: the question is - how do i update the bootloader and why didn't it upgrade?
Cherokee.. I am pretty busy at the moment working on Android TV boxes but I can see that you have nflash backups so everything should be fine.

I will pm you my Google talk address and add me on there with a message saying who you are, this is a bit too complicated to go through on the forums.

Can't promise you I can help you straight away but I will get around to it in the next day or two.. I'm UK time by the way.