Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Flash stock firmware with adb or fasboot - HDX 8.9

OP amazonhdx

4th January 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hey, somebody tried to flash Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin via adb ( command line ) ?
Or is there a way after adb reboot-bootloader throw there ready image system.img ( then how to get it from the update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin)

Faced with the following trouble: after the tablet hanging on iridescent labels kindle fire, with adb shell su, push and pull works (except adb install). But the GUI does not start. Reset to Factory does not help , because the problem is not in the / data /. A problem in the / system /
Replacing all files from / system / app / from update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin not help. adb logcat *: e reports a problem with input methods
4th January 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
anyone can copy via Root Explorer folder / system / app / and put to compare with files from update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin
4th January 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonhdx

anyone can copy via Root Explorer folder / system / app / and put to compare with files from update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin

This worked for me to reinstall the stock Amazon image on my HDX 8.9.

If you are looking for a fresh start and just trying to re-install Amazon's stock 14.3.1.0_user_310079820 image then edit your /system/build.prop number as detailed in this guide:*http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582773, then reboot. *Check for System Updates then select [Update] after the Amazon image finishes downloading.

Apparently this works for both HDX 7 and 8.9.
The Following User Says Thank You to matt101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt101

This worked for me to reinstall the stock Amazon image on my HDX 8.9.

If you are looking for a fresh start and just trying to re-install Amazon's stock 14.3.1.0_user_310079820 image then edit your /system/build.prop number as detailed in this guide:*http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582773, then reboot. *Check for System Updates then select [Update] after the Amazon image finishes downloading.

Apparently this works for both HDX 7 and 8.9.

iI made a mistake and downloaded the firmware from hdx 7.
thank you very much for your reply!
5th January 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonhdx

iI made a mistake and downloaded the firmware from hdx 7.
thank you very much for your reply!

You are suppose to edit the build.prop file that is located in the /system dir of *your Kindle Fire HDX 7/8.9. *The Kindle will then download the correct file and do the rest.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes