5,599,190 Members 35,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock vs cyanogen mod roms

Tip us?

sukkukikku
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Anyone please help me urgent. I have rooted my grand duos i9082,installed clockwork recovery.later i want to get back to the official rom.so i downloaded the required file from mediafire.com and thought of flashing it through odin.to my mistake,i went into clockwork recovery and formatted sdcard,system. Now there is no OS installed on my phone.cant able to boot to normal mode, just struck at samsung logo.but able to go to download mode and recovery,i just want to get back to stock.can i flash it through recovery mode in the form of zip.the zip file i downloaded contains odin and firmware.plz help me how to get back to stock.odin is not recognising device though usb drivers and kies installed correctly.plz help me.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukkukikku View Post
Anyone please help me urgent. I have rooted my grand duos i9082,installed clockwork recovery.later i want to get back to the official rom.so i downloaded the required file from mediafire.com and thought of flashing it through odin.to my mistake,i went into clockwork recovery and formatted sdcard,system. Now there is no OS installed on my phone.cant able to boot to normal mode, just struck at samsung logo.but able to go to download mode and recovery,i just want to get back to stock.can i flash it through recovery mode in the form of zip.the zip file i downloaded contains odin and firmware.plz help me how to get back to stock.odin is not recognising device though usb drivers and kies installed correctly.plz help me.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app
Have you tried restarting your PC and see if Odin recognize the device after restart? Could be incorrect driver installation...
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

sukkukikku
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
Have you tried restarting your PC and see if Odin recognize the device after restart? Could be incorrect driver installation...
tried .but odin didnt detect device

EthanDev
Old
Thanks Meter 2
okay... can anybody post photo samples from stock 4.2.2 and cm 11 latest build????

i use my phone mainly for photography and music...

so stock vs cm 11... which one should i go for???

currently rooted 4.2.2

skpadhi79
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanDev View Post
okay... can anybody post photo samples from stock 4.2.2 and cm 11 latest build????

i use my phone mainly for photography and music...

so stock vs cm 11... which one should i go for???

currently rooted 4.2.2
sry bro......but if its only for music and photography.......then do u really need cm 11..............stock rom shud be sufficient i guess....u can always use apps like camera 360 or pro capture and tons of apps like that from play store...........its only my point of view without taking any sample comparison..............

EthanDev
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpadhi79 View Post
sry bro......but if its only for music and photography.......then do u really need cm 11..............stock rom shud be sufficient i guess....u can always use apps like camera 360 or pro capture and tons of apps like that from play store...........its only my point of view without taking any sample comparison..............
cm 11 made me crazy...

but i love touchwhiz.. some features are essential for me... like ability to change the sms chat background, the bubbles, samsung music player.. s memo, samsung keyboard, clipboard... to name a some.... which i will miss a alot..

decided to stay rooted 4.2.2

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanDev View Post
cm 11 made me crazy...

but i love touchwhiz.. some features are essential for me... like ability to change the sms chat background, the bubbles, samsung music player.. s memo, samsung keyboard, clipboard... to name a some.... which i will miss a alot..

decided to stay rooted 4.2.2
although removed some bloatwares... samsung link, g+, CHATON, etc

drganbds
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 754
Guys anyway to get Samsung Indian keyboard in cm 11? I tried extracted apk and moved to system and no use.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk now Free

KanD93
Old
(Last edited by KanD93; 30th December 2013 at 07:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
CM is the BEST.

Pros:
Never hangs
Super smooth interface (Project Butter really works)
Lot more customization options than TW
Every app works flawlessly
Themes
Awesome battery backup (i get more than a day of backup with WiFi on all the time and screen time of 4-5 hours on an average)
and most importantly its ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT

Cons:
Camera is not that good when compared to stock

and for Stock - it always hanged for me, lot of ram consumption and not so good looking interface and all the samsung apps and features are more of gimmick to me as i did not use them much.

Thanks to pawitp for this great rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to KanD93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sub1zero
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I dont need custom roms.Stock rom with greenify donate ,ram manager pro and lightning launcer extreme and my phone is like rocket

Послато са LG-P700 уз помоћ Тапатока

The Following User Says Thank You to sub1zero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]