5,599,478 Members 38,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Backlight Bleed?

Tip us?

tyrexs
Old
(Last edited by tyrexs; 4th December 2013 at 01:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korikisulda View Post
I can see some backlight bleed, but it's not all that bad at all, and I had to use a black image to really notice it. It's mostly in the top left corner, for some reason..
I couldn't see any until you pointed this out. I also see it in black color, for others is not visible to me.

I think it's 'normal', it's not visible unless someone tells you (if you arent really perceptive)

Edit: pressing a bit behind the upper left side and the center fixes it a bit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

rioachim
Old
Thanks Meter 19
i have some white light bleed on black background on the lower left corner and middle top (checked in a dark room with full brightness). I fixed some of the bleed on the lower left corner by slightly loosing one of the screws in that area. I also noticed that pressing hard with a thumb on the display makes it go white and apparently give a temporary fix, but I would not recommend it because I've seen some of my pixels remaining brighter after this brutal action

ztmike
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I have the light bleed at top but its really only visible if viewing in a poor lit room and a dark color on screen. Nothing to get a replacement over in my case.

No problems with "dark spots" that I've noticed.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk