XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked HTC FIRST

Tip us?

russian392
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahammmmmmm_ View Post
Must be the computer the RUU has no compatibility issues with any set up, just a regular ol' program. No drivers or anything special needed for it to start up.
Make sure you check all the prompts for permissions it asks you or an antivirus could be holding it back. I'm just throwing out ideas here, I've never had any problems
My only antivirus is security essentials by ms. And it hasn't said anything bad about the ruu.
Its not that it doesn't run, its like it crashes in the background and idk why...

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app
Motorola Atrix HD - Cyanogenmod 11 - Benchmark: 17260 @1.9GHz

HTC First - Rooted and S-OFF - Benchmark: 15980 @1.4GHz

LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod10.1 @Rashed97 - Benchmark: 5600 @800MHz

ZTE Avai - AOSP 2.3.7

Owner Of XDA Premium App

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian392 View Post
My only antivirus is security essentials by ms. And it hasn't said anything bad about the ruu.
Its not that it doesn't run, its like it crashes in the background and idk why...

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app
Hmm, well I don't have a clue of what the problem could be. Has it worried before? Maybe try using a different computer, the ruu is pretty heavy on system resources

russian392
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahammmmmmm_ View Post
Hmm, well I don't have a clue of what the problem could be. Has it worried before? Maybe try using a different computer, the ruu is pretty heavy on system resources
This is my first exp, with ruu. and im using my gaming machine running quad core 3.2ghz with 4gb ram...with everything off there is enough power to run an ruu. i have no idea how much ram it is supposed to take up
Motorola Atrix HD - Cyanogenmod 11 - Benchmark: 17260 @1.9GHz

HTC First - Rooted and S-OFF - Benchmark: 15980 @1.4GHz

LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod10.1 @Rashed97 - Benchmark: 5600 @800MHz

ZTE Avai - AOSP 2.3.7

Owner Of XDA Premium App

abrahammmmmmm_
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian392 View Post
This is my first exp, with ruu. and im using my gaming machine running quad core 3.2ghz with 4gb ram...with everything off there is enough power to run an ruu. i have no idea how much ram it is supposed to take up

Well the ruu certainly doesn't require that much resources.. Make sure you downloaded 100% it should be around ~<500 megabytes.