Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cant reset Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 back to stock. Cant connect to computer

Tip us?

IsaiahFeldt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Tablet [Q] Cant reset Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 back to stock. Cant connect to computer

Hello guys. I've been having this problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 ever since I flashed Cyanogen mod on it. I would like to set it back to stock firmware but for some reason my PC wont recognize my tablet as a device. My tablet will charge and I also have USB debugging on but still my windows 8 laptop wont recognize my tablet.

So here is my problem in a nutshell:
  1. I Cant find the stock rom for my tablet
  2. My tablet cant connect to my computer

Please help me. I would rather not spend another couple hundred dollars on a new one.

Thanks!

-Isaiah

swrght13
Old
Thanks Meter 13
The only way to go back to stock (factory state) is flashing a backup, which is recommended before installing Cyanogenmod or any other custom rom. Other than that, if you're lucky, you can try and find the stock firmware for your P3113.

The issue of your P3113 not connecting to your PC via USB: Try powering off the tablet completely. Connect your tablet to your PC via USB. It should install the USB drivers. When it's done, disconnect your device, boot up the tablet completely. Connect the tablet to your PC again with the USB. If you don't see a change, try enabling USB debugging. I had the same issue with my P5113. This worked for me.
Phone
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Rom: 4.4.2 Hyperdrive 16.1
  • Recovery: Safestrap 3.72

Tablet
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 Wifi P5113
  • Rom: 4.4.2 Slimkat 5
  • Recovery: Philz Touch 6