LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more
Post Reply

how can i fastboot my xt926 back to a rootable build?

OP r4zrm4xxx

3rd January 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I Really need root access on my razr hd xt926 but apparantly no method is working on the most recent build. Is there a way i can fastboot back to ICS or a rootable version of JB or do i need to wait for a new utility? i have the fastboot files and try flashing using rsd lite but it fails...hmmm
3rd January 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #2  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448
 
1,368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4zrm4xxx

I Really need root access on my razr hd xt926 but apparantly no method is working on the most recent build. Is there a way i can fastboot back to ICS or a rootable version of JB or do i need to wait for a new utility? i have the fastboot files and try flashing using rsd lite but it fails...hmmm

You are stuck. There is no way to go back to a previous version to root nor unlock the boot loader.
3rd January 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
thats not cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

You are stuck. There is no way to go back to a previous version to root nor unlock the boot loader.

will there ever be a method or tool for it?
3rd January 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
am in the same boat, dropped my phone and killed he screen and digitizer, file an insurance claim and they sent me a replacement with 9.30.1, i was unlocked and rooted and running 4.4.2 on my previous HD, now am stuck with a bloated 4.1.2 that's driving me up the wall, hopefully the developers can come up with an exploit soon....
3rd January 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #5  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448
 
1,368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4zrm4xxx

will there ever be a method or tool for it?

Only if someone finds another security exploit, but those seem to be dwindling with each release. Also, this phone is not that new, so a lot of developers have moved onto other phones.
4th January 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
It's a good phone I loved it but now since my warrant replacement I'm stuck with 4.1.2 . hopefully matt will make one more utility

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th January 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #7  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 438
 
1,218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4zrm4xxx

It's a good phone I loved it but now since my warrant replacement I'm stuck with 4.1.2 . hopefully matt will make one more utility

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is an updated utility in here that works with the newest OTA. However, you will NEVER be able to flash back until they find a way to exploit the security. It probably won't happen, so don't hold your breathe.

The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank