5,599,190 Members 35,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot install null rom

Tip us?
 
udotbdot5
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] Cannot install null rom

Hi everyone.

First of all, i am sorry if my question has been answered somewhere. i have searched thoughout this and other sites and have asked in several threads, with no reply.

I have rooted my Gear (impactor) but my SU binary update just fails installation every time. Someone told me this is not fatal, so after 2 days, i tried the next steps and am able to load the null zip file, install it, but at the very end, with no error message, it reboots to download mode. everytime. at this point i have to use odin to load the stock recovery and start again.

No guide or comment in any thread suggests anyone has had this problem. As you can probably tell, this is all quite new to me, so I do understand that it could just be me doing something wrong, that others may take for granted.

Also, my null installation says i am installing onto a i9300 - is this normal?

1)How can i manually update the su binary (tried superuser, superuser fixer. busybox), and is that related to the rom not working?

2)Why does the installation get to the very end but then just reboot into download mode...?

I just want to be able to use this rom but nothing i try is letting me get past this stage. Any help would be appreciated massively.
 
fOmey
Old
#2  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3791
Posts: 3,126
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, AUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by udotbdot5 View Post
Hi everyone.

First of all, i am sorry if my question has been answered somewhere. i have searched thoughout this and other sites and have asked in several threads, with no reply.

I have rooted my Gear (impactor) but my SU binary update just fails installation every time. Someone told me this is not fatal, so after 2 days, i tried the next steps and am able to load the null zip file, install it, but at the very end, with no error message, it reboots to download mode. everytime. at this point i have to use odin to load the stock recovery and start again.

No guide or comment in any thread suggests anyone has had this problem. As you can probably tell, this is all quite new to me, so I do understand that it could just be me doing something wrong, that others may take for granted.

Also, my null installation says i am installing onto a i9300 - is this normal?

1)How can i manually update the su binary (tried superuser, superuser fixer. busybox), and is that related to the rom not working?

2)Why does the installation get to the very end but then just reboot into download mode...?

I just want to be able to use this rom but nothing i try is letting me get past this stage. Any help would be appreciated massively.
Have you read the instructions ?


You need to flash the recovery first, then flash the rom. The rom is for THE GEAR, not your phone.



HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?


GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

The Following User Says Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
waco2hot33
Old
#3  
waco2hot33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 413
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore
Right !!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
udotbdot5
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
Have you read the instructions ?


You need to flash the recovery first, then flash the rom. The rom is for THE GEAR, not your phone.
Thanks for your reply.

I did read it, and i did follow it. Ive done almost nothing on my phone, and flashed the recovery(odin), moved the rom zip to the watch (adb or wondershare) - and then gone into recovery mode to install it.

Was this wrong? Or have i missed something important?
 
fOmey
Old
#5  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3791
Posts: 3,126
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, AUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by udotbdot5 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I did read it, and i did follow it. Ive done almost nothing on my phone, and flashed the recovery(odin), moved the rom zip to the watch (adb or wondershare) - and then gone into recovery mode to install it.

Was this wrong? Or have i missed something important?
Read them again please.



HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?


GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

 
udotbdot5
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
Read them again please.
Thanks for your help.

Having read and reread them, i still can not understand what you are referring to when you mention that the rom is not for my phone and that i need to flash recovery first.

Thank you for replying, i will start from the beginning again
 
almulder1092
Old
#7  
almulder1092's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 308
Posts: 381
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by udotbdot5 View Post
Thanks for your help.

Having read and reread them, i still can not understand what you are referring to when you mention that the rom is not for my phone and that i need to flash recovery first.

Thank you for replying, i will start from the beginning again
Try checking out my tutorial and see if that helps ya.


Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)


If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!


Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot
 
blackknightavalon
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 2,515
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere in NYC
Follow these instructions TO THE LETTER then flash the SuperSu.zip when you're done.
HTC Dream (G1) 12/2008-04/2010
Motorola MB200 (Cliq) 04/2010-11/2010
HTC Vision (G2) 11/2010-01/2014
HTC Doubleshot (MyTouch 4G Slide) 05/2011-06/2012
B&N Acclaim (Nook Tablet) 03/2012-12/2013
Samsung GT-I8190 (GS3 mini) 01/2013-04/2013
Samsung SGH-M919 (T-Mobile GS4) 04/2013-Current
Samsung SM-V700 (Galaxy Gear) 12/2013-Current
Samsung N9005 (Int'l Galaxy Note 3) 12/2013-Current
Samsung SM-G900T (T-Mobile GS5) 04/2014-Current

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more