XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Am I bricked?

Tip us?

desihaxx0r4life
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Am I bricked?

So I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and when I used sprint's new web based activation method I think it bricked my old phone (HTC EVO 4G LTE) in the process. It's amber light flashes when connected to a charger. Anyone know of an unbricking method?

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by desihaxx0r4life View Post
So I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and when I used sprint's new web based activation method I think it bricked my old phone (HTC EVO 4G LTE) in the process. It's amber light flashes when connected to a charger. Anyone know of an unbricking method?
Did you let it charge for awhile before trying to power it on? Usually the charging light will flash when the battery is very low. Leave it on the charger for awhile, then try to power it on. If it doesn't power on, connect your phone to a PC and see what the device type is once it's connected. I can't imagine how activating another phone could brick your EVO LTE

desihaxx0r4life
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Well the thing is I was running S-OFF and rooted on MeanBean. I actually turned it off after my S4 was activated so that I could sell it later, but now it won't turn on and when it's connected to a charger it's amber light flashes. I'll charge it overnight and see if anything changes. Probably going to have to use this method to unbrick if no changes after fully charging. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1940512

desihaxx0r4life
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
So quick update. LOL so apparently if you don't charge the EVO 4G LTE and let it completely drain it'll do that.