5,596,066 Members 33,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help, Rogers locked S4 suddenly locked to fido.

Tip us?

thl0103
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help, Rogers locked S4 suddenly locked to fido.

Hello, I tried searching with no luck other than threads about region locked discussions.

So I received a rogers S4 from a friend as a gift back in August and used it with my rogers sim for 3 months until I switched to note3.
Last night, my sister who uses fido lost her s3 and I gave her my s4 to use temporarily thinking it would work because all the past phone worked flawlessly between two carriers without any sort of unlocking.
I had not removed my data on the s4 and when I popped in her fido SIM card the phone restarted itself and then it erased all of my data and all of a sudden it removed all the pre loaded unremovable rogers apps and replaced them with the fido apps.

Then, I went and put in my rogers SIM card back and now all the APN settings are lots and won't auto connect to LTE, just voice calls only.
I then tried the factory restore with the Rogers SIM card in there to see if it comes back to normal, but no, now it's like a fido phone and rogers apps and APN settings are lost. I tried the restore from my backup and also tried once with creating a new samsung account as well as my secondary google account.

Is this now locked to fido? Because when I insert her fido sim everything works normal, LTE as we'll.
How do I revert back to Rogers? Or am I out of luck?

pjcordi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
No its not locked you just need yo add the rogers APN settings. Just an APN as ltemobile.apn and it should connect

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda app-developers app