5,593,587 Members 38,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen question

Tip us?
 
bvm1228
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 73
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Screen question

Is there a way to make it so if you have one of your fingers touching the screen doesn't register it like on the Ipad?
 
CuraeL
Old
#2  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 350
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvm1228 View Post
Is there a way to make it so if you have one of your fingers touching the screen doesn't register it like on the Ipad?
Do you mean like locking the screen so it won't register input? I dunno but what's the purpose of this? Just so I can think a bit about it. I don't see the use and can't imagine why you would disallow one finger input. :0

"XO Pressley has the deck."
 
bvm1228
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 73
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
Do you mean like locking the screen so it won't register input? I dunno but what's the purpose of this? Just so I can think a bit about it. I don't see the use and can't imagine why you would disallow one finger input. :0
Like when I hold the tablet in portrait mode with one hand, my thumb sometimes clicks things or makes it so I can't click on anything because of the thin bezels on the sides. I heard the iPad mini has something that fixes this problem.
 
CuraeL
Old
#4  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 350
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvm1228 View Post
Like when I hold the tablet in portrait mode with one hand, my thumb sometimes clicks things or makes it so I can't click on anything because of the thin bezels on the sides. I heard the iPad mini has something that fixes this problem.
O sh*t, ye I understand your trouble on this. I'm afraid I dunno. I can try and see when I get home. If the feature is called by a name on iPad, one should be able to google that name and then finish with android, but I won't do research thru me tablet. But I'll try and look around mate.

"XO Pressley has the deck."
 
bvm1228
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 73
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
O sh*t, ye I understand your trouble on this. I'm afraid I dunno. I can try and see when I get home. If the feature is called by a name on iPad, one should be able to google that name and then finish with android, but I won't do research thru me tablet. But I'll try and look around mate.
Thanks. I can't remember the name of it but I remember hearing about it when the iPad mini was launched and was reminded of it as I am using my tablet..
 
CuraeL
Old
#6  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 350
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvm1228 View Post
Thanks. I can't remember the name of it but I remember hearing about it when the iPad mini was launched and was reminded of it as I am using my tablet..
Can't find a name, can only find mention of the feature in iPad Mini describingly. Tried a few searches. Seems like some people comment on this, the Android have been doing it for a while, but from manufacturers. Samsung and Motorola seems to be doing it. Can't find any universal app and no one mentions name of apps that does it on their android devices. It's probably coded into the specific stock rom. Other mentions that it is fairly hit an miss that it works.

For now, no dice. - Sorry.

"XO Pressley has the deck."
 
bvm1228
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 73
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
Can't find a name, can only find mention of the feature in iPad Mini describingly. Tried a few searches. Seems like some people comment on this, the Android have been doing it for a while, but from manufacturers. Samsung and Motorola seems to be doing it. Can't find any universal app and no one mentions name of apps that does it on their android devices. It's probably coded into the specific stock rom. Other mentions that it is fairly hit an miss that it works.

For now, no dice. - Sorry.
That sucks as it would be a great addition
 
CuraeL
Old
#8  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 350
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvm1228 View Post
That sucks as it would be a great addition
Agreed, would be a nice addition. One can only hope.

"XO Pressley has the deck."

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...