5,599,616 Members 44,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Sleep of death problem

Tip us?
 
Metalmino
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default [Q]Sleep of death problem

So guys, for christmas i've received this phone and now i'm on 4.2.2 stock firmware. This SOD happened only two time for now (with hard reset after updating my phone). I tried to looking for a solution in this forum, but i've not found anything.

Is there a solution without send the phone to samsung assistence? I have to go in hospital next week for an operation and, yes, i know that is stupid, but i need the phone to pass the time.

Thank you for all answer.
 
Brian_SGW_CM9
Old
#2  
Brian_SGW_CM9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,267
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmino View Post
So guys, for christmas i've received this phone and now i'm on 4.2.2 stock firmware. This SOD happened only two time for now (with hard reset after updating my phone). I tried to looking for a solution in this forum, but i've not found anything.

Is there a solution without send the phone to samsung assistence? I have to go in hospital next week for an operation and, yes, i know that is stupid, but i need the phone to pass the time.

Thank you for all answer.
Umm. Get a laptop. Fully working one. The electric plug. Odin. Flash another firmware
Done.

Btw wish you all the best in your surgery

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Real Madrid is poop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the f___ up
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian_SGW_CM9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Metalmino
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_SGW_CM9 View Post
Umm. Get a laptop. Fully working one. The electric plug. Odin. Flash another firmware
Done.

Btw wish you all the best in your surgery

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Is it only a software's bug? Is not an hardware's bug? Is it sure that flashing a new firmware i can solve the problem? Well, after a lot of rom installed on my ex-phone, with this i hoped that i have to do anything eheh and i know that samsung delete the warranty with cf

Btw, thanks for the good wishes. I'm the only guy with a thyroid cancer, i'm pretty lucky.
 
Brian_SGW_CM9
Old
#4  
Brian_SGW_CM9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,267
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmino View Post
Is it only a software's bug? Is not an hardware's bug? Is it sure that flashing a new firmware i can solve the problem? Well, after a lot of rom installed on my ex-phone, with this i hoped that i have to do anything eheh and i know that samsung delete the warranty with cf

Btw, thanks for the good wishes. I'm the only guy with a thyroid cancer, i'm pretty lucky.
Not hardware. Just software. On 4.1, I had this problem too
Flash the Spain ones. They look much better than the other countries from my observations in it's stability

And. Don't say that. You'll recover soon

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Real Madrid is poop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the f___ up
 
silvano2
Old
#5  
silvano2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 136
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_SGW_CM9 View Post
Not hardware. Just software. On 4.1, I had this problem too
Flash the Spain ones. They look much better than the other countries from my observations in it's stability

And. Don't say that. You'll recover soon

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
what observations? please be more specific..arent all the same?
 
Brian_SGW_CM9
Old
#6  
Brian_SGW_CM9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,267
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvano2 View Post
what observations? please be more specific..arent all the same?
never experienced sleep of death of the spain firmwares
never had a crash in system apps
never had any problems with software related
Real Madrid is poop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the f___ up
 
Roxypai
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
i think i have that problem i work on my phone and when i dont have anything to do i close all the apps i lock the phone (lock& power on button) and next time i try to unlock it its Black nothing happens i have to remove the battery and put it back to get the phone working happend 3 times so far.....
 
Brian_SGW_CM9
Old
#8  
Brian_SGW_CM9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,267
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hong Kong
I told you guys
Try Spain

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Real Madrid is poop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the f___ up

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more