Post Reply

Google voice search linked to ringtone volume

4th January 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Im at a bit of a loss here....

I installed google search on my Galaxy Gear and like the talk back feature, however I dont want my watch ringing when I get a call so prefer it to remain on vibrate.

However, any time I change the ringtone to vibrate, it turns off the sound in the google search app. Does anyone know a work around for this?

Thanks
Last edited by ajnicho; 5th January 2014 at 03:14 AM.
4th January 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnicho

Im at a bit of a loss here....

I installed google search on my Galaxy Gear and like the talk back feature, however I dont want my watch ringing when I get a call so prefer it to remain on vibrate.

However, any time I change the ringtone to vibrate, it turns off the google now sound. Does anyone know a work around for this?

Thanks

Update = It seems to be linked to the system volume. But system volume gets disabled when ringtone is set to vibrate... Can this be changed at all?
5th January 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #3  
fletch33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270
 
944 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnicho

Update = It seems to be linked to the system volume. But system volume gets disabled when ringtone is set to vibrate... Can this be changed at all?

is the number your Google Voice number or carrier number that rings?
5th January 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33

is the number your Google Voice number or carrier number that rings?

No, it's the google search app (that has voice search) and voice response.

Such as "Who are Liverpool playing today?" "Liverpool are playing Oldham at 15:00"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Gear General by ThreadRank