Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! My droid razr m will not boot past the droid eye

Tip us?

AndroidNO0B
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] HELP! My droid razr m will not boot past the droid eye

I apologize already if this has already been posted before, I couldn't see one that had my issues so I'm making this thread.

OK, so here is my problem and everything that I can think of that I've done to my phone.

Today I tried to restart my phone as it was getting a bit sluggish. When I did it started booting fine then the animation sound stopped while the droid eye was being put together. Now my phone will not pass the droid eye during the boot phase. I press the power and both volume buttons and after a few seconds it starts itself back up again. I do the power button and down volume buttons and it still does the same thing. I've even performed the factory reset twice and it still won't help.... And no matter what I do it keeps booting itself back up on its own.

What I've done to my phone:

I am rooted but never got the boot loader unlocked since i waited too long and the last update wouldn't allow the boot loader unlock methods anymore. I have used titanium backup app to delete some system apps for example the Verizon football one, slacker radio, and any of those useless apps that I never use. I haven't deleted anything lately and have restarted my phone many times since. I have been delaying the recent update hitting no or not now, whatever it says. I thought that I said no today on the system update as well. Even then my phone was working before I restarted it.

PLEASE I hope that there is something that I can do to fix my phone because I'm forced to use my LG Vortex again and my upgrade isn't for another year..... I don't want to buy a new one since this phone has been great and I'm almost certain that if there was a way to reinstal or flash the droid razr m OS that that would fix my issues.

Thanks in advance for your input and please know that I'm a novice with this kind of thing so you will have to explain the process to me. If i have instructions I can definitely follow them.

THANKS!

AndroidNO0B
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default SORRY

I just noticed that for some reason I got out of the Droid Razr M forum. You are free to respond if you like but I have posted this thread in the right form now.

Sorry again