Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] constant reboot after installing roms

Tip us?
 
xxkhbxx
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default [Q] constant reboot after installing roms

Hello everyone and happy new year

I unlocked my asus tf700 using asus unlocker...
Rooted fine, with super user
Installed clockwork mod recovery 6.0.4.4
Tablet stock is 4.1.1

The problem is that no matter which rom I install... when it finally boots up it goes to the setup screen no problems.

I enter timezone etc etc then rom loads then after a minute or so the system freezes for a few seconds then restarts..

I cleared cache , have done a factory reset, and tried different roms listed in the tf700t section of xda.

I rooted countless phones and tablets and never had this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you inadvanced!!!!
 
berndblb
Old
#2  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 850
Posts: 2,614
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkhbxx View Post
Hello everyone and happy new year

I unlocked my asus tf700 using asus unlocker...
Rooted fine, with super user
Installed clockwork mod recovery 6.0.4.4
Tablet stock is 4.1.1

The problem is that no matter which rom I install... when it finally boots up it goes to the setup screen no problems.

I enter timezone etc etc then rom loads then after a minute or so the system freezes for a few seconds then restarts..

I cleared cache , have done a factory reset, and tried different roms listed in the tf700t section of xda.

I rooted countless phones and tablets and never had this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you inadvanced!!!!
Check your bootloader. You have to be on 10.6.1.14.4 or higher for any of the current roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xxkhbxx
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Check your bootloader. You have to be on 10.6.1.14.4 or higher for any of the current roms.
Hmmm i didnt know that, i never had to mess around with that with any of the phones or tablets that ive done in the past.

When i load up android it boots up and says bootloader 10.4.4.5 i guess thats not the correct version. For some reason I'm drawing a blank on how to update the boot loader...

Lol
 
berndblb
Old
#4  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 850
Posts: 2,614
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkhbxx View Post
Hmmm i didnt know that, i never had to mess around with that with any of the phones or tablets that ive done in the past.

When i load up android it boots up and says bootloader 10.4.4.5 i guess thats not the correct version. For some reason I'm drawing a blank on how to update the boot loader...

Lol
You tried different roms from XDA and missed the section in the OP about warnings, requirements and instructions in each one of them???
It's usually the part in red with the huge letters, the part that says: READ ME

To get your bootloader to a current version you can flash the latest firmware from Asus. You would have to reinstall the custom recovery via fastboot afterwards of course.

Or you can download the bootloader/TWRP package in the OP for CROMi-X and flash that. Again: depending on which rom you want to flash, you may have to change to a different recovery afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xxkhbxx
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
You tried different roms from XDA and missed the section in the OP about warnings, requirements and instructions in each one of them???
It's usually the part in red with the huge letters, the part that says: READ ME

To get your bootloader to a current version you can flash the latest firmware from Asus. You would have to reinstall the custom recovery via fastboot afterwards of course.

Or you can download the bootloader/TWRP package in the OP for CROMi-X and flash that. Again: depending on which rom you want to flash, you may have to change to a different recovery afterwards.

The funny part of it all is that I'm color blind lol.

Ok I updated to the correct bootloader and so far so good.

I was honestly surprised that I missed that part as well, but as I read it I thought to myself hmm but you knew that!! Lol

One quick question though, now when I boot into boot loader holding down the power and up there's only 3 icons instead of 4. The USB icon isn't there anymore.. Is that normal


Btw I'm on a cm 11 update.. Fingers crossed

Thank you again for your time
 
berndblb
Old
#6  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 850
Posts: 2,614
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkhbxx View Post
The funny part of it all is that I'm color blind lol.

Ok I updated to the correct bootloader and so far so good.

I was honestly surprised that I missed that part as well, but as I read it I thought to myself hmm but you knew that!! Lol

One quick question though, now when I boot into boot loader holding down the power and up there's only 3 icons instead of 4. The USB icon isn't there anymore.. Is that normal


Btw I'm on a cm 11 update.. Fingers crossed

Thank you again for your time
Good! Glad you worked it out. Maybe wearing green colored glasses while reading forums would help

ICS: 4 icons in bootloader, push Volume Up on flashing USB to get into fastboot
JB: 3 icons and you're in fastboot by default.
Or was that from JB 4.1 to 4.2? Can't remember... My problem is a serious case of CRS...

The glasses would come in handy here again: Read the script: "Starting fastboot protocol" Admittedly the script is tiny, but still: Read man! Read! The stuff is there for a reason!
LMAO
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xxkhbxx
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Good! Glad you worked it out. Maybe wearing green colored glasses while reading forums would help

ICS: 4 icons in bootloader, push Volume Up on flashing USB to get into fastboot
JB: 3 icons and you're in fastboot by default.
Or was that from JB 4.1 to 4.2? Can't remember... My problem is a serious case of CRS...

The glasses would come in handy here again: Read the script: "Starting fastboot protocol" Admittedly the script is tiny, but still: Read man! Read! The stuff is there for a reason!
LMAO
Very Good, everything worked out perfect and thank you!

You made me laugh with the green glasses comment lol.

I'm on kitkat nightly .. Seems OK. I notice some lag but nothing crazy.. I was thinking about going to paranoid or another ROM but who knows lol.

I installed cm on two kindle fires last night with the adb... Thank god for development ,damn that kindle skin blows.. No app store just the amazon app store, what a bunch of crapppp...

But thank you again for taking the time out to help.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes