Build a custom rom
I want to learn how to build a rom and am wondering if someone can guide me. The device is a Double Din unit specifically made to fit into a ford mondeo. It already has android running on it i think its 4.0. I think it has windows ce for all the main stuff (radio functions etc) which i would like to change a bit aswell.
Im hoping that it will be as simple as replacing the android folder and just leaving all the other stuff ie drivers etc but im pretty sure it will be more involved then that.
Here is was what was listed as the internals
Main system information
- Motherboard: Panasonic MN101EF31G 8-bit MPU
- Android Core CPU: TCC8900 ARM11, 1G MHZ
- Internal memory: 1GB DDR2 RAM, 4G Nand Flash
- External memory: supports TF/USB drive up to 32GB
- Operating system: Android 4.0
Obviously there is more specs but i dont think there relevant as there radio functions, gps chip etc.
So please can anyone help me i feel like theres so much potential for this unit but i think the build thats on it is way to buggy and slow.